Dec 12, 2013, 12:54 AM EDT
Three straight losses. After a difficult start to the season, times haven’t necessarily gotten much better for the New York Rangers, at least in terms of on-ice results.
But head coach Alain Vigneault, in his first season with the Rangers, is taking the positives out of what he’s seen with a group of players he’s still getting familiar with.
“As far as work ethic, practices, off ice work, this group works as hard as any group I have been associated with,” said Vigneault, as per Newsday Long Island.
“It hasn’t translated to what I expect on the ice as far as performance and results, but I believe the work ethic that they’re doing and everything that’s under their control, hopefully the results are going to change in a positive way.”
The Rangers sit fourth in the Metropolitan Division, with a record of 15-16-1. But their 31 points has them ninth in the Eastern Conference, one point back of the Carolina Hurricanes.
Their struggles of late have been highlighted by back-to-back 4-1 losses, first to the Washington Capitals on Sunday and then the Nashville Predators on Tuesday.
They were booed off the ice after losing to Nashville.
Not a good way to start off a nine-game home stand – remember, they had that nine-game road trip to begin the season – that leads them up to Dec. 23.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)