Dec 12, 2013, 12:54 AM EST
Three straight losses. After a difficult start to the season, times haven’t necessarily gotten much better for the New York Rangers, at least in terms of on-ice results.
But head coach Alain Vigneault, in his first season with the Rangers, is taking the positives out of what he’s seen with a group of players he’s still getting familiar with.
“As far as work ethic, practices, off ice work, this group works as hard as any group I have been associated with,” said Vigneault, as per Newsday Long Island.
“It hasn’t translated to what I expect on the ice as far as performance and results, but I believe the work ethic that they’re doing and everything that’s under their control, hopefully the results are going to change in a positive way.”
The Rangers sit fourth in the Metropolitan Division, with a record of 15-16-1. But their 31 points has them ninth in the Eastern Conference, one point back of the Carolina Hurricanes.
Their struggles of late have been highlighted by back-to-back 4-1 losses, first to the Washington Capitals on Sunday and then the Nashville Predators on Tuesday.
They were booed off the ice after losing to Nashville.
Not a good way to start off a nine-game home stand – remember, they had that nine-game road trip to begin the season – that leads them up to Dec. 23.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 68
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 51
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 54
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 73
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)