Dec 12, 2013, 9:04 PM EDT
The incident occurred late in the second period and caused some confusion. No penalty was initially called on the play but, after some discussion, Emelin was informed of his fate and forced to leave the Montreal bench, ending his night.
There was some concern for Downie. The Philly forward has a history of concussions — he missed four games earlier this season after suffering one during a fight with Washington’s Aaron Volpatti — and needed help leaving the ice.
UPDATE: Downie returned to the Flyers bench for the start of the third period.
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 26
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 12
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 29
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 60
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 56
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (60)