Dec 12, 2013, 9:04 PM EDT
The incident occurred late in the second period and caused some confusion. No penalty was initially called on the play but, after some discussion, Emelin was informed of his fate and forced to leave the Montreal bench, ending his night.
There was some concern for Downie. The Philly forward has a history of concussions — he missed four games earlier this season after suffering one during a fight with Washington’s Aaron Volpatti — and needed help leaving the ice.
UPDATE: Downie returned to the Flyers bench for the start of the third period.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 3
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 15
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39