Dec 12, 2013, 1:30 AM EDT
Two National Hockey League games. Two shots. Two goals. That’s Alex Grant for you.
Yes, the Anaheim Ducks defenseman, playing in his second career NHL game, scored his second career NHL goal in Wednesday’s win over the Minnesota Wild, on his second career NHL shot.
Grant opened the scoring for the Ducks, as he skated down the right side and let go a wrist shot that beat Wild goalie Josh Harding. The Ducks eventually held on for the 2-1 win. Corey Perry scored the winner, at 13:27 of the second period.
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31