Dec 12, 2013, 1:30 AM EDT
Two National Hockey League games. Two shots. Two goals. That’s Alex Grant for you.
Yes, the Anaheim Ducks defenseman, playing in his second career NHL game, scored his second career NHL goal in Wednesday’s win over the Minnesota Wild, on his second career NHL shot.
Grant opened the scoring for the Ducks, as he skated down the right side and let go a wrist shot that beat Wild goalie Josh Harding. The Ducks eventually held on for the 2-1 win. Corey Perry scored the winner, at 13:27 of the second period.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)