Dec 12, 2013, 1:30 AM EDT
Two National Hockey League games. Two shots. Two goals. That’s Alex Grant for you.
Yes, the Anaheim Ducks defenseman, playing in his second career NHL game, scored his second career NHL goal in Wednesday’s win over the Minnesota Wild, on his second career NHL shot.
Grant opened the scoring for the Ducks, as he skated down the right side and let go a wrist shot that beat Wild goalie Josh Harding. The Ducks eventually held on for the 2-1 win. Corey Perry scored the winner, at 13:27 of the second period.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 19
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5