Dec 12, 2013, 1:30 AM EDT
Two National Hockey League games. Two shots. Two goals. That’s Alex Grant for you.
Yes, the Anaheim Ducks defenseman, playing in his second career NHL game, scored his second career NHL goal in Wednesday’s win over the Minnesota Wild, on his second career NHL shot.
Grant opened the scoring for the Ducks, as he skated down the right side and let go a wrist shot that beat Wild goalie Josh Harding. The Ducks eventually held on for the 2-1 win. Corey Perry scored the winner, at 13:27 of the second period.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)