Dec 12, 2013, 1:30 AM EDT
Two National Hockey League games. Two shots. Two goals. That’s Alex Grant for you.
Yes, the Anaheim Ducks defenseman, playing in his second career NHL game, scored his second career NHL goal in Wednesday’s win over the Minnesota Wild, on his second career NHL shot.
Grant opened the scoring for the Ducks, as he skated down the right side and let go a wrist shot that beat Wild goalie Josh Harding. The Ducks eventually held on for the 2-1 win. Corey Perry scored the winner, at 13:27 of the second period.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34