Dec 12, 2013, 1:51 PM EST
In October 2011, Brett Bulmer was a 19-year-old rookie living the dream — scoring three points in his first nine games at the NHL level.
Two years later, he’s finally getting another shot at the bigs.
Bulmer, now 21, missed out on the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign — the Wild, like all NHL teams, didn’t have a full training camp — and was slowed during this summer’s prospect camp and exhibition campaign by a knee injury.
The 39th overall pick in 2010, Bulmer was sent back to Junior following his NHL debut in ’11-12, and proceeded to score 62 points in 53 games with WHL Kelowna. But he’s failed to replicate that offensive production at the AHL level, scoring just seven points in 43 games last year and 12 in 21 games this year.
That said, Bulmer feels he’s ready to make his mark.
“I’m a very confident player now,” he told the Pioneer Press. “You have to be confident every night. If you don’t have the right mind-set going in, you’re not going to do anything.”
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)