Dec 12, 2013, 1:51 PM EDT
In October 2011, Brett Bulmer was a 19-year-old rookie living the dream — scoring three points in his first nine games at the NHL level.
Two years later, he’s finally getting another shot at the bigs.
Bulmer, now 21, missed out on the lockout-shortened ’13 campaign — the Wild, like all NHL teams, didn’t have a full training camp — and was slowed during this summer’s prospect camp and exhibition campaign by a knee injury.
The 39th overall pick in 2010, Bulmer was sent back to Junior following his NHL debut in ’11-12, and proceeded to score 62 points in 53 games with WHL Kelowna. But he’s failed to replicate that offensive production at the AHL level, scoring just seven points in 43 games last year and 12 in 21 games this year.
That said, Bulmer feels he’s ready to make his mark.
“I’m a very confident player now,” he told the Pioneer Press. “You have to be confident every night. If you don’t have the right mind-set going in, you’re not going to do anything.”
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)