Dec 12, 2013, 8:52 PM EST
Thursday’s shaping up to be a pretty forgettable night for several NHL netminders.
David Backes opened the floodgates at the 4:48 mark — his 14th of the season — and the Blues poured it on from there as Jaden Schwartz and Derek Roy each scored their eighth goals of the season in a four-minute span.
Reimer didn’t play especially well — losing his goal stick on one of the St. Louis tallies — but the guys in front of him offered little support. The Leafs were out-shot 16-7 in the period and were throttled in the faceoff circle, losing 19 of 27 draws.
Elsewhere, Henrik Lundqvist got the hook in New York as the Rangers gave up three first-period goals to Columbus. The Jackets suffered some unfortunate luck on the goaltending front as well, as starter Curtis McElhinney suffered a lower-body injury and was replaced by third-stringer Mike McKenna.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)