Dec 12, 2013, 9:12 AM EST
The Dallas Stars have been piling up points in the standings of late. They’re 3-1-3 in their last seven games and earning nine points in that span makes for a solid run.
Unfortunately for the Stars they’re in the Western Conference. Going on a streak like that means they’re just treading water instead of staking a claim to a playoff spot.
As Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News shares, the Stars are taking the improved play and running with it.
“You try not to get too caught up in it, because it does seem like we’re not making up ground,” Stars captain Jamie Benn said. “All we can do is focus on the next game and play as hard as we can. If we do that, then the wins will come.”
The Stars are currently sitting at 33 points and have risen to fifth in the Central. That’s the good news. The bad news is they’re still seven points behind fourth place Colorado.
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 3
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 12
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 12
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 41
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)