Dec 12, 2013, 9:12 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars have been piling up points in the standings of late. They’re 3-1-3 in their last seven games and earning nine points in that span makes for a solid run.
Unfortunately for the Stars they’re in the Western Conference. Going on a streak like that means they’re just treading water instead of staking a claim to a playoff spot.
As Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News shares, the Stars are taking the improved play and running with it.
“You try not to get too caught up in it, because it does seem like we’re not making up ground,” Stars captain Jamie Benn said. “All we can do is focus on the next game and play as hard as we can. If we do that, then the wins will come.”
The Stars are currently sitting at 33 points and have risen to fifth in the Central. That’s the good news. The bad news is they’re still seven points behind fourth place Colorado.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38