Dec 12, 2013, 9:12 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars have been piling up points in the standings of late. They’re 3-1-3 in their last seven games and earning nine points in that span makes for a solid run.
Unfortunately for the Stars they’re in the Western Conference. Going on a streak like that means they’re just treading water instead of staking a claim to a playoff spot.
As Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News shares, the Stars are taking the improved play and running with it.
“You try not to get too caught up in it, because it does seem like we’re not making up ground,” Stars captain Jamie Benn said. “All we can do is focus on the next game and play as hard as we can. If we do that, then the wins will come.”
The Stars are currently sitting at 33 points and have risen to fifth in the Central. That’s the good news. The bad news is they’re still seven points behind fourth place Colorado.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54