Dec 12, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
The slumping Ottawa Senators have brought up two of their top performers from AHL Binghamton.
Pageau, 21, started the year with Ottawa but was sent packing after scoring just one in eight games. Last year’s playoff darling — the 5-foot-9, 163 pound winger scored six points in 10 games — has performed well with Binghamton this season, scoring 16 points in 15 games.
Ceci, a hometown boy (he was born in Ottawa and played junior for the OHL 67’s), leads all B-Sens defensemen this year with 17 points in 24 games, sitting third overall on the team in scoring. His recall comes as blueliner Marc Methot missed Thursday’s morning skate, though it’s unclear why he didn’t participate.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 4
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30