Dec 12, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
The slumping Ottawa Senators have brought up two of their top performers from AHL Binghamton.
Pageau, 21, started the year with Ottawa but was sent packing after scoring just one in eight games. Last year’s playoff darling — the 5-foot-9, 163 pound winger scored six points in 10 games — has performed well with Binghamton this season, scoring 16 points in 15 games.
Ceci, a hometown boy (he was born in Ottawa and played junior for the OHL 67’s), leads all B-Sens defensemen this year with 17 points in 24 games, sitting third overall on the team in scoring. His recall comes as blueliner Marc Methot missed Thursday’s morning skate, though it’s unclear why he didn’t participate.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 12
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 23
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 55
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)