Dec 12, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres may have been close to one of their best games of the season. But they still fell short of getting two points Thursday against the Ottawa Senators.
Senators goalie Craig Anderson made 40 saves and was named the game’s First Star for his effortd. The Sabres got the one goal past Anderson, but couldn’t get any more in a game that was very much theirs to win.
Miller wasn’t bad, either, making 30 saves.
That’s four losses in the last five games for the Sabres, who remain well down at the bottom of the Atlantic Division with seven wins and 16 points through 32 games.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11