Dec 12, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres may have been close to one of their best games of the season. But they still fell short of getting two points Thursday against the Ottawa Senators.
Senators goalie Craig Anderson made 40 saves and was named the game’s First Star for his effortd. The Sabres got the one goal past Anderson, but couldn’t get any more in a game that was very much theirs to win.
Miller wasn’t bad, either, making 30 saves.
That’s four losses in the last five games for the Sabres, who remain well down at the bottom of the Atlantic Division with seven wins and 16 points through 32 games.
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 2
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 66
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)