Dec 12, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres may have been close to one of their best games of the season. But they still fell short of getting two points Thursday against the Ottawa Senators.
Senators goalie Craig Anderson made 40 saves and was named the game’s First Star for his effortd. The Sabres got the one goal past Anderson, but couldn’t get any more in a game that was very much theirs to win.
Miller wasn’t bad, either, making 30 saves.
That’s four losses in the last five games for the Sabres, who remain well down at the bottom of the Atlantic Division with seven wins and 16 points through 32 games.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)