Dec 12, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres may have been close to one of their best games of the season. But they still fell short of getting two points Thursday against the Ottawa Senators.
Senators goalie Craig Anderson made 40 saves and was named the game’s First Star for his effortd. The Sabres got the one goal past Anderson, but couldn’t get any more in a game that was very much theirs to win.
Miller wasn’t bad, either, making 30 saves.
That’s four losses in the last five games for the Sabres, who remain well down at the bottom of the Atlantic Division with seven wins and 16 points through 32 games.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 20
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 61
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)