Dec 12, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres may have been close to one of their best games of the season. But they still fell short of getting two points Thursday against the Ottawa Senators.
Senators goalie Craig Anderson made 40 saves and was named the game’s First Star for his effortd. The Sabres got the one goal past Anderson, but couldn’t get any more in a game that was very much theirs to win.
Miller wasn’t bad, either, making 30 saves.
That’s four losses in the last five games for the Sabres, who remain well down at the bottom of the Atlantic Division with seven wins and 16 points through 32 games.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 5
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 29
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)