Dec 12, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
Make that four straight losses.
The New York Rangers continue to stumble along through this first half of the regular season, with their latest setback coming in a 4-2 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday.
Four straight home games in a string of nine in a row. Four losses. Not endearing themselves to the locals, who already voiced their displeasure by booing the home team off the ice two nights ago.
In the end, the Rangers made it somewhat close, getting to within a goal before Ryan Johansen put this one out of reach with less than two minutes remaining in regulation.
Alain Vigneault chose to heap positive reinforcements upon his team yesterday, despite their struggles. Hard to think he would come back with the same message after this latest loss.
But this loss drops them to 15-17-1.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15