Dec 12, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
Make that four straight losses.
The New York Rangers continue to stumble along through this first half of the regular season, with their latest setback coming in a 4-2 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday.
Four straight home games in a string of nine in a row. Four losses. Not endearing themselves to the locals, who already voiced their displeasure by booing the home team off the ice two nights ago.
In the end, the Rangers made it somewhat close, getting to within a goal before Ryan Johansen put this one out of reach with less than two minutes remaining in regulation.
Alain Vigneault chose to heap positive reinforcements upon his team yesterday, despite their struggles. Hard to think he would come back with the same message after this latest loss.
But this loss drops them to 15-17-1.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 67
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 28
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 51
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 33
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (67)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)