Dec 12, 2013, 8:10 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Yes, the lockout last year was terrible. Yes, it was a terrible black eye for the sport… But now the league is awash in money after the Rogers TV deal in Canada and one columnist says the players should thank commissioner Gary Bettman for making it all possible. (Winnipeg Free Press)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $4,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Thursday’s NHL games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $1,000. Starts Thursday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
It may only be happening in baby steps, but the Dallas Stars are making improvements needed to try and get back in the playoff race. (Dallas Morning News)
The salary cap is going to go up and that’s going to present problems for teams like the St. Louis Blues. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50