Dec 12, 2013, 8:10 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Yes, the lockout last year was terrible. Yes, it was a terrible black eye for the sport… But now the league is awash in money after the Rogers TV deal in Canada and one columnist says the players should thank commissioner Gary Bettman for making it all possible. (Winnipeg Free Press)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $4,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Thursday’s NHL games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $1,000. Starts Thursday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
It may only be happening in baby steps, but the Dallas Stars are making improvements needed to try and get back in the playoff race. (Dallas Morning News)
The salary cap is going to go up and that’s going to present problems for teams like the St. Louis Blues. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9