Dec 12, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
Following up on yesterday’s post on the subject, Mike and I chatted with Kay Adams today about Alex Ovechkin‘s chances of scoring 50 goals in the Washington Capitals’ first 50 games. Can he do something that hasn’t been done in over 20 years? A feat that only five players in NHL history have accomplished? Aaaaand because I’m a total Mr. Negative, I took the opportunity to share my thoughts on some of the Caps’ shortcomings.
We also discussed the New York Rangers’ recent struggles.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5