Dec 12, 2013, 3:53 PM EST
Following up on yesterday’s post on the subject, Mike and I chatted with Kay Adams today about Alex Ovechkin‘s chances of scoring 50 goals in the Washington Capitals’ first 50 games. Can he do something that hasn’t been done in over 20 years? A feat that only five players in NHL history have accomplished? Aaaaand because I’m a total Mr. Negative, I took the opportunity to share my thoughts on some of the Caps’ shortcomings.
We also discussed the New York Rangers’ recent struggles.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 19
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 6
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 15
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 11
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4