Dec 12, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
Following up on yesterday’s post on the subject, Mike and I chatted with Kay Adams today about Alex Ovechkin‘s chances of scoring 50 goals in the Washington Capitals’ first 50 games. Can he do something that hasn’t been done in over 20 years? A feat that only five players in NHL history have accomplished? Aaaaand because I’m a total Mr. Negative, I took the opportunity to share my thoughts on some of the Caps’ shortcomings.
We also discussed the New York Rangers’ recent struggles.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22