Dec 12, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
Following up on yesterday’s post on the subject, Mike and I chatted with Kay Adams today about Alex Ovechkin‘s chances of scoring 50 goals in the Washington Capitals’ first 50 games. Can he do something that hasn’t been done in over 20 years? A feat that only five players in NHL history have accomplished? Aaaaand because I’m a total Mr. Negative, I took the opportunity to share my thoughts on some of the Caps’ shortcomings.
We also discussed the New York Rangers’ recent struggles.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40