Dec 12, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT
Following up on yesterday’s post on the subject, Mike and I chatted with Kay Adams today about Alex Ovechkin‘s chances of scoring 50 goals in the Washington Capitals’ first 50 games. Can he do something that hasn’t been done in over 20 years? A feat that only five players in NHL history have accomplished? Aaaaand because I’m a total Mr. Negative, I took the opportunity to share my thoughts on some of the Caps’ shortcomings.
We also discussed the New York Rangers’ recent struggles.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22