Dec 12, 2013, 2:32 PM EST
“I don’t think I’m that concerned about it,” the Red Wings’ sidelined starting goalie said Thursday in Tampa Bay, per MLive.com “I don’t think it’s going to be anything over the top where I’m going to be out a long time.”
But he won’t know for sure until he gets an MRI tomorrow.
Jonas Gustavsson is expected to get the start tonight versus the Lightning. Petr Mrazek has been called up from the AHL to back up.
Howard is 6-8-7 with a .910 save percentage.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)