Dec 12, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
“I don’t think I’m that concerned about it,” the Red Wings’ sidelined starting goalie said Thursday in Tampa Bay, per MLive.com “I don’t think it’s going to be anything over the top where I’m going to be out a long time.”
But he won’t know for sure until he gets an MRI tomorrow.
Jonas Gustavsson is expected to get the start tonight versus the Lightning. Petr Mrazek has been called up from the AHL to back up.
Howard is 6-8-7 with a .910 save percentage.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)