Dec 12, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
“I don’t think I’m that concerned about it,” the Red Wings’ sidelined starting goalie said Thursday in Tampa Bay, per MLive.com “I don’t think it’s going to be anything over the top where I’m going to be out a long time.”
But he won’t know for sure until he gets an MRI tomorrow.
Jonas Gustavsson is expected to get the start tonight versus the Lightning. Petr Mrazek has been called up from the AHL to back up.
Howard is 6-8-7 with a .910 save percentage.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 1
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 9
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 84
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 37
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 57
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)