Dec 12, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
“I don’t think I’m that concerned about it,” the Red Wings’ sidelined starting goalie said Thursday in Tampa Bay, per MLive.com “I don’t think it’s going to be anything over the top where I’m going to be out a long time.”
But he won’t know for sure until he gets an MRI tomorrow.
Jonas Gustavsson is expected to get the start tonight versus the Lightning. Petr Mrazek has been called up from the AHL to back up.
Howard is 6-8-7 with a .910 save percentage.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)