Dec 12, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
“Cody Hodgson took a little bit of a banging last game, so he probably won’t play tonight.”
Quote courtesy Sabres coach Ted Nolan, per the Buffalo News.
And while there may have been a better way to say that, it doesn’t change the fact that Ville Leino will replace Hodgson against the Senators.
Leino was a healthy scratch Tuesday at home versus Ottawa, a 2-1 shootout win for the Sabres.
“Certain players with a certain skill set, they have to play to that level,” Nolan said of Leino, who has just five assists in 18 games this season.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 10
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1