Dec 12, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
“Cody Hodgson took a little bit of a banging last game, so he probably won’t play tonight.”
Quote courtesy Sabres coach Ted Nolan, per the Buffalo News.
And while there may have been a better way to say that, it doesn’t change the fact that Ville Leino will replace Hodgson against the Senators.
Leino was a healthy scratch Tuesday at home versus Ottawa, a 2-1 shootout win for the Sabres.
“Certain players with a certain skill set, they have to play to that level,” Nolan said of Leino, who has just five assists in 18 games this season.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)