Dec 12, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
“Cody Hodgson took a little bit of a banging last game, so he probably won’t play tonight.”
Quote courtesy Sabres coach Ted Nolan, per the Buffalo News.
And while there may have been a better way to say that, it doesn’t change the fact that Ville Leino will replace Hodgson against the Senators.
Leino was a healthy scratch Tuesday at home versus Ottawa, a 2-1 shootout win for the Sabres.
“Certain players with a certain skill set, they have to play to that level,” Nolan said of Leino, who has just five assists in 18 games this season.
- Kopitar + adorable dog = best day with the Stanley Cup? 6
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 31
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 72
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (72)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)