Dec 12, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
“Cody Hodgson took a little bit of a banging last game, so he probably won’t play tonight.”
Quote courtesy Sabres coach Ted Nolan, per the Buffalo News.
And while there may have been a better way to say that, it doesn’t change the fact that Ville Leino will replace Hodgson against the Senators.
Leino was a healthy scratch Tuesday at home versus Ottawa, a 2-1 shootout win for the Sabres.
“Certain players with a certain skill set, they have to play to that level,” Nolan said of Leino, who has just five assists in 18 games this season.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)