Dec 12, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
“Cody Hodgson took a little bit of a banging last game, so he probably won’t play tonight.”
Quote courtesy Sabres coach Ted Nolan, per the Buffalo News.
And while there may have been a better way to say that, it doesn’t change the fact that Ville Leino will replace Hodgson against the Senators.
Leino was a healthy scratch Tuesday at home versus Ottawa, a 2-1 shootout win for the Sabres.
“Certain players with a certain skill set, they have to play to that level,” Nolan said of Leino, who has just five assists in 18 games this season.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 8
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 8
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 25
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (40)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)