Dec 12, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Howard hurt, Monster starts
Jonas Gustavsson will be in goal tonight when Detroit takes on the Bolts in Tampa Bay.
Gustavsson was solid in his last outing — stopping 35 of 37 shots against Florida on Saturday — and now has a 2.03 GAA and .930 save percentage on the season, providing quality backup netminding behind Jimmy Howard, who is out with a knee injury.
Gustavsson will square off against Ben Bishop, who’ll get the start for Tampa.
Blues go with Elliott
Brian Elliott will make his second straight start as the Blues host the Leafs tonight in St. Louis.
Elliott stopped 21-of-22 in his last outing — a win over the Jets on Tuesday — and Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock has rewarded the veteran with a successive nod.
Blue Jackets at Rangers: Sergei Bobrovsky vs. Henrik Lundvqist
‘Canes at Flames: Karri Ramo in for Calgary. No word yet for Carolina
No confirmations for either the Boston-Edmonton or Minnesota-San Jose game.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 27
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)