Dec 12, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Howard hurt, Monster starts
Jonas Gustavsson will be in goal tonight when Detroit takes on the Bolts in Tampa Bay.
Gustavsson was solid in his last outing — stopping 35 of 37 shots against Florida on Saturday — and now has a 2.03 GAA and .930 save percentage on the season, providing quality backup netminding behind Jimmy Howard, who is out with a knee injury.
Gustavsson will square off against Ben Bishop, who’ll get the start for Tampa.
Blues go with Elliott
Brian Elliott will make his second straight start as the Blues host the Leafs tonight in St. Louis.
Elliott stopped 21-of-22 in his last outing — a win over the Jets on Tuesday — and Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock has rewarded the veteran with a successive nod.
Blue Jackets at Rangers: Sergei Bobrovsky vs. Henrik Lundvqist
‘Canes at Flames: Karri Ramo in for Calgary. No word yet for Carolina
No confirmations for either the Boston-Edmonton or Minnesota-San Jose game.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 22
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)