Dec 12, 2013, 2:42 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Howard hurt, Monster starts
Jonas Gustavsson will be in goal tonight when Detroit takes on the Bolts in Tampa Bay.
Gustavsson was solid in his last outing — stopping 35 of 37 shots against Florida on Saturday — and now has a 2.03 GAA and .930 save percentage on the season, providing quality backup netminding behind Jimmy Howard, who is out with a knee injury.
Gustavsson will square off against Ben Bishop, who’ll get the start for Tampa.
Blues go with Elliott
Brian Elliott will make his second straight start as the Blues host the Leafs tonight in St. Louis.
Elliott stopped 21-of-22 in his last outing — a win over the Jets on Tuesday — and Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock has rewarded the veteran with a successive nod.
Blue Jackets at Rangers: Sergei Bobrovsky vs. Henrik Lundvqist
‘Canes at Flames: Karri Ramo in for Calgary. No word yet for Carolina
No confirmations for either the Boston-Edmonton or Minnesota-San Jose game.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39