Dec 12, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Howard hurt, Monster starts
Jonas Gustavsson will be in goal tonight when Detroit takes on the Bolts in Tampa Bay.
Gustavsson was solid in his last outing — stopping 35 of 37 shots against Florida on Saturday — and now has a 2.03 GAA and .930 save percentage on the season, providing quality backup netminding behind Jimmy Howard, who is out with a knee injury.
Gustavsson will square off against Ben Bishop, who’ll get the start for Tampa.
Blues go with Elliott
Brian Elliott will make his second straight start as the Blues host the Leafs tonight in St. Louis.
Elliott stopped 21-of-22 in his last outing — a win over the Jets on Tuesday — and Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock has rewarded the veteran with a successive nod.
Blue Jackets at Rangers: Sergei Bobrovsky vs. Henrik Lundvqist
‘Canes at Flames: Karri Ramo in for Calgary. No word yet for Carolina
No confirmations for either the Boston-Edmonton or Minnesota-San Jose game.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)