Dec 12, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
Chris VandeVelde has parlayed an AHL deal into a NHL one.
On Thursday, Philadelphia announced it signed VandeVelder to a one-year deal, this after the 26-year-old appeared in 23 games for AHL Adirondack this season while playing on an American League contract.
VandeVelde, originally an Edmonton draftee (97th overall, 2005), has appeared in 28 career NHL contests, scoring one goal and three points.
To make room for VandeVelde, the Flyers sent Tye McGinn to the minors. McGinn had been recalled recently in the wake of Vincent Lecavalier‘s back injury but missed Wednesday’s 7-2 loss to Chicago with an illness.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (85)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)