Dec 12, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
Chris VandeVelde has parlayed an AHL deal into a NHL one.
On Thursday, Philadelphia announced it signed VandeVelder to a one-year deal, this after the 26-year-old appeared in 23 games for AHL Adirondack this season while playing on an American League contract.
VandeVelde, originally an Edmonton draftee (97th overall, 2005), has appeared in 28 career NHL contests, scoring one goal and three points.
To make room for VandeVelde, the Flyers sent Tye McGinn to the minors. McGinn had been recalled recently in the wake of Vincent Lecavalier‘s back injury but missed Wednesday’s 7-2 loss to Chicago with an illness.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 2
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 8
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)