Dec 12, 2013, 12:11 PM EDT
The good news for the Philadelphia Flyers is they don’t have to wait long to put last night’s 7-2 loss in Chicago behind them. Today is a new day, and tonight is another game — at home versus Montreal.
The bad news is, um, did we mention they lost 7-2 to the Blackhawks last night?
“They out-everything us,” forward Scott Hartnell said, per CSN Philly. “They had the puck more than us. They made more plays than us. They forechecked harder than us. They took less penalties than us.
“At times, it looked like they were playing against kids out there.”
Yeah, not Luke Schenn‘s best shift there.
The Flyers have surrendered 16 goals in their last three games, none of them wins. However, they’re still only three points back of third-place Carolina in the Metropolitan Division, meaning a playoff spot remains very much in their sights.
“You can’t dwell too much on a 7-2 loss when you got to play the Habs [the next] night,” said Hartnell. “They’re another quick team that makes plays.”
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 1
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 8
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)