Dec 12, 2013, 12:11 PM EDT
The good news for the Philadelphia Flyers is they don’t have to wait long to put last night’s 7-2 loss in Chicago behind them. Today is a new day, and tonight is another game — at home versus Montreal.
The bad news is, um, did we mention they lost 7-2 to the Blackhawks last night?
“They out-everything us,” forward Scott Hartnell said, per CSN Philly. “They had the puck more than us. They made more plays than us. They forechecked harder than us. They took less penalties than us.
“At times, it looked like they were playing against kids out there.”
Yeah, not Luke Schenn‘s best shift there.
The Flyers have surrendered 16 goals in their last three games, none of them wins. However, they’re still only three points back of third-place Carolina in the Metropolitan Division, meaning a playoff spot remains very much in their sights.
“You can’t dwell too much on a 7-2 loss when you got to play the Habs [the next] night,” said Hartnell. “They’re another quick team that makes plays.”
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 16
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 112
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17