Dec 12, 2013, 12:11 PM EST
The good news for the Philadelphia Flyers is they don’t have to wait long to put last night’s 7-2 loss in Chicago behind them. Today is a new day, and tonight is another game — at home versus Montreal.
The bad news is, um, did we mention they lost 7-2 to the Blackhawks last night?
“They out-everything us,” forward Scott Hartnell said, per CSN Philly. “They had the puck more than us. They made more plays than us. They forechecked harder than us. They took less penalties than us.
“At times, it looked like they were playing against kids out there.”
Yeah, not Luke Schenn‘s best shift there.
The Flyers have surrendered 16 goals in their last three games, none of them wins. However, they’re still only three points back of third-place Carolina in the Metropolitan Division, meaning a playoff spot remains very much in their sights.
“You can’t dwell too much on a 7-2 loss when you got to play the Habs [the next] night,” said Hartnell. “They’re another quick team that makes plays.”
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)