Dec 12, 2013, 12:11 PM EDT
The good news for the Philadelphia Flyers is they don’t have to wait long to put last night’s 7-2 loss in Chicago behind them. Today is a new day, and tonight is another game — at home versus Montreal.
The bad news is, um, did we mention they lost 7-2 to the Blackhawks last night?
“They out-everything us,” forward Scott Hartnell said, per CSN Philly. “They had the puck more than us. They made more plays than us. They forechecked harder than us. They took less penalties than us.
“At times, it looked like they were playing against kids out there.”
Yeah, not Luke Schenn‘s best shift there.
The Flyers have surrendered 16 goals in their last three games, none of them wins. However, they’re still only three points back of third-place Carolina in the Metropolitan Division, meaning a playoff spot remains very much in their sights.
“You can’t dwell too much on a 7-2 loss when you got to play the Habs [the next] night,” said Hartnell. “They’re another quick team that makes plays.”
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)