Dec 12, 2013, 12:11 PM EDT
The good news for the Philadelphia Flyers is they don’t have to wait long to put last night’s 7-2 loss in Chicago behind them. Today is a new day, and tonight is another game — at home versus Montreal.
The bad news is, um, did we mention they lost 7-2 to the Blackhawks last night?
“They out-everything us,” forward Scott Hartnell said, per CSN Philly. “They had the puck more than us. They made more plays than us. They forechecked harder than us. They took less penalties than us.
“At times, it looked like they were playing against kids out there.”
Yeah, not Luke Schenn‘s best shift there.
The Flyers have surrendered 16 goals in their last three games, none of them wins. However, they’re still only three points back of third-place Carolina in the Metropolitan Division, meaning a playoff spot remains very much in their sights.
“You can’t dwell too much on a 7-2 loss when you got to play the Habs [the next] night,” said Hartnell. “They’re another quick team that makes plays.”
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)