Dec 12, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
What exactly is wrong with Coyotes captain Shane Doan? That’s the question hockey fans are wondering these days in Phoenix.
For now, all we know is he’s out with an illness and there’s no timetable for his return.
“He’s still under the weather and he’s still not going to be available for the foreseeable future,” Phoenix coach Dave Tippett said, per NHL.com. “He’s still getting some tests done, so hopefully it’s not long, long-term.”
Doan, 37, has missed the Coyotes’ last two games. The team’s leading goal-scorer (12), his absence is obviously a big one.
Phoenix hosts the Islanders tonight.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)