Dec 12, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
What exactly is wrong with Coyotes captain Shane Doan? That’s the question hockey fans are wondering these days in Phoenix.
For now, all we know is he’s out with an illness and there’s no timetable for his return.
“He’s still under the weather and he’s still not going to be available for the foreseeable future,” Phoenix coach Dave Tippett said, per NHL.com. “He’s still getting some tests done, so hopefully it’s not long, long-term.”
Doan, 37, has missed the Coyotes’ last two games. The team’s leading goal-scorer (12), his absence is obviously a big one.
Phoenix hosts the Islanders tonight.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (126)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)