Dec 12, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
What exactly is wrong with Coyotes captain Shane Doan? That’s the question hockey fans are wondering these days in Phoenix.
For now, all we know is he’s out with an illness and there’s no timetable for his return.
“He’s still under the weather and he’s still not going to be available for the foreseeable future,” Phoenix coach Dave Tippett said, per NHL.com. “He’s still getting some tests done, so hopefully it’s not long, long-term.”
Doan, 37, has missed the Coyotes’ last two games. The team’s leading goal-scorer (12), his absence is obviously a big one.
Phoenix hosts the Islanders tonight.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34