Dec 12, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
What exactly is wrong with Coyotes captain Shane Doan? That’s the question hockey fans are wondering these days in Phoenix.
For now, all we know is he’s out with an illness and there’s no timetable for his return.
“He’s still under the weather and he’s still not going to be available for the foreseeable future,” Phoenix coach Dave Tippett said, per NHL.com. “He’s still getting some tests done, so hopefully it’s not long, long-term.”
Doan, 37, has missed the Coyotes’ last two games. The team’s leading goal-scorer (12), his absence is obviously a big one.
Phoenix hosts the Islanders tonight.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)