Dec 12, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
What exactly is wrong with Coyotes captain Shane Doan? That’s the question hockey fans are wondering these days in Phoenix.
For now, all we know is he’s out with an illness and there’s no timetable for his return.
“He’s still under the weather and he’s still not going to be available for the foreseeable future,” Phoenix coach Dave Tippett said, per NHL.com. “He’s still getting some tests done, so hopefully it’s not long, long-term.”
Doan, 37, has missed the Coyotes’ last two games. The team’s leading goal-scorer (12), his absence is obviously a big one.
Phoenix hosts the Islanders tonight.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (149)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)