Dec 12, 2013, 10:20 AM EST
Finally some good news for New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe.
Clowe has been medically cleared to practice and play. He’s been out since October 13 with a concussion, but don’t expect the Devils to rush him back as Tom Gulitti of The Bergen Record shares.
“We’re going to take our time and just make sure everything is 100 percent,” Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said.
Lamoriello says Clowe could be back in the Devils lineup next week. He’s played in just six games this season and has one assist.
The Devils would love to see just what they can get out of their big offseason signing. Clowe signed a five-year, $24.25 million deal as an unrestricted free agent this summer.
The team has been patient in allowing Clowe to get back to full health after he suffered at least one concussion with the New York Rangers last season and possibly another with the San Jose Sharks earlier on.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)