Dec 12, 2013, 10:20 AM EST
Finally some good news for New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe.
Clowe has been medically cleared to practice and play. He’s been out since October 13 with a concussion, but don’t expect the Devils to rush him back as Tom Gulitti of The Bergen Record shares.
“We’re going to take our time and just make sure everything is 100 percent,” Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said.
Lamoriello says Clowe could be back in the Devils lineup next week. He’s played in just six games this season and has one assist.
The Devils would love to see just what they can get out of their big offseason signing. Clowe signed a five-year, $24.25 million deal as an unrestricted free agent this summer.
The team has been patient in allowing Clowe to get back to full health after he suffered at least one concussion with the New York Rangers last season and possibly another with the San Jose Sharks earlier on.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)