Dec 12, 2013, 10:20 AM EDT
Finally some good news for New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe.
Clowe has been medically cleared to practice and play. He’s been out since October 13 with a concussion, but don’t expect the Devils to rush him back as Tom Gulitti of The Bergen Record shares.
“We’re going to take our time and just make sure everything is 100 percent,” Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said.
Lamoriello says Clowe could be back in the Devils lineup next week. He’s played in just six games this season and has one assist.
The Devils would love to see just what they can get out of their big offseason signing. Clowe signed a five-year, $24.25 million deal as an unrestricted free agent this summer.
The team has been patient in allowing Clowe to get back to full health after he suffered at least one concussion with the New York Rangers last season and possibly another with the San Jose Sharks earlier on.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 17
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 32
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)