Dec 12, 2013, 10:20 AM EDT
Finally some good news for New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe.
Clowe has been medically cleared to practice and play. He’s been out since October 13 with a concussion, but don’t expect the Devils to rush him back as Tom Gulitti of The Bergen Record shares.
“We’re going to take our time and just make sure everything is 100 percent,” Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said.
Lamoriello says Clowe could be back in the Devils lineup next week. He’s played in just six games this season and has one assist.
The Devils would love to see just what they can get out of their big offseason signing. Clowe signed a five-year, $24.25 million deal as an unrestricted free agent this summer.
The team has been patient in allowing Clowe to get back to full health after he suffered at least one concussion with the New York Rangers last season and possibly another with the San Jose Sharks earlier on.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)