Dec 12, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
In seven games with Washington this season, Neuvirth is 2-3-1 with a 2.83 goals-against average and a .912 save percentage. He hasn’t played since Nov. 22, missing time with a groin injury after hurting himself during a pregame warmup last week.
With Neuvirth out, the Caps called up Philipp Grubauer and the German ‘tender has fared well. Grubauer has played in three games, recording a 2-0-0 record with a 1.36 GAA and .959 save percentage.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34