Dec 12, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
In seven games with Washington this season, Neuvirth is 2-3-1 with a 2.83 goals-against average and a .912 save percentage. He hasn’t played since Nov. 22, missing time with a groin injury after hurting himself during a pregame warmup last week.
With Neuvirth out, the Caps called up Philipp Grubauer and the German ‘tender has fared well. Grubauer has played in three games, recording a 2-0-0 record with a 1.36 GAA and .959 save percentage.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5