Dec 12, 2013, 6:27 PM EST
In seven games with Washington this season, Neuvirth is 2-3-1 with a 2.83 goals-against average and a .912 save percentage. He hasn’t played since Nov. 22, missing time with a groin injury after hurting himself during a pregame warmup last week.
With Neuvirth out, the Caps called up Philipp Grubauer and the German ‘tender has fared well. Grubauer has played in three games, recording a 2-0-0 record with a 1.36 GAA and .959 save percentage.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46