Dec 12, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
In a move that should come as no surprise given Brian Burke is now the acting general manager of the Calgary Flames, Sven Baertschi has been assigned to AHL Abbotsford.
Baertschi has just two goals in 21 games for the Flames this season. The 21-year-old was also publicly, and not gently, criticized by Burke in late September.
“This is a guy, right now, who’s focusing on one area,” Burke said at the time. “And even then, sporadically.”
“There’s three zones on the ice … and I don’t see that he’s learned to play and compete in two of them.”
A prolific scorer in junior, Baertschi was drafted 11th overall in 2011 out of the WHL’s Portland Winterhawks.
But no, he’s not particularly truculent.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)