Dec 12, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
In a move that should come as no surprise given Brian Burke is now the acting general manager of the Calgary Flames, Sven Baertschi has been assigned to AHL Abbotsford.
Baertschi has just two goals in 21 games for the Flames this season. The 21-year-old was also publicly, and not gently, criticized by Burke in late September.
“This is a guy, right now, who’s focusing on one area,” Burke said at the time. “And even then, sporadically.”
“There’s three zones on the ice … and I don’t see that he’s learned to play and compete in two of them.”
A prolific scorer in junior, Baertschi was drafted 11th overall in 2011 out of the WHL’s Portland Winterhawks.
But no, he’s not particularly truculent.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 3
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 25
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 31
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 36
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)