Dec 12, 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
In a move that should come as no surprise given Brian Burke is now the acting general manager of the Calgary Flames, Sven Baertschi has been assigned to AHL Abbotsford.
Baertschi has just two goals in 21 games for the Flames this season. The 21-year-old was also publicly, and not gently, criticized by Burke in late September.
“This is a guy, right now, who’s focusing on one area,” Burke said at the time. “And even then, sporadically.”
“There’s three zones on the ice … and I don’t see that he’s learned to play and compete in two of them.”
A prolific scorer in junior, Baertschi was drafted 11th overall in 2011 out of the WHL’s Portland Winterhawks.
But no, he’s not particularly truculent.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)