Dec 12, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Crazy night for goalies at Madison Square Garden.
Shortly after the Rangers yanked Henrik Lundqvist after allowing three goals in the opening 12 minutes, Columbus had to replace Curtis McElhinney with Mike McKenna after McElhinney suffered a lower-body injury.
McElhinney, who recently inherited the Jackets’ No. 1 job from injured starter Sergei Bobrovsky, hurt himself at some point during the first period — Columbus made the goaltending switch during the intermission.
The move gave McKenna his Blue Jackets debut. The 30-year-old journeyman hasn’t played a NHL contest in three years (his last game was with the Devils during the 2010-11 campaign) and has spent almost all of this season tending goal for Columbus’ AHL affiliate in Springfield.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 83
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 71
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7