Dec 12, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Crazy night for goalies at Madison Square Garden.
Shortly after the Rangers yanked Henrik Lundqvist after allowing three goals in the opening 12 minutes, Columbus had to replace Curtis McElhinney with Mike McKenna after McElhinney suffered a lower-body injury.
McElhinney, who recently inherited the Jackets’ No. 1 job from injured starter Sergei Bobrovsky, hurt himself at some point during the first period — Columbus made the goaltending switch during the intermission.
The move gave McKenna his Blue Jackets debut. The 30-year-old journeyman hasn’t played a NHL contest in three years (his last game was with the Devils during the 2010-11 campaign) and has spent almost all of this season tending goal for Columbus’ AHL affiliate in Springfield.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 2
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)