Dec 12, 2013, 8:15 PM EST
Crazy night for goalies at Madison Square Garden.
Shortly after the Rangers yanked Henrik Lundqvist after allowing three goals in the opening 12 minutes, Columbus had to replace Curtis McElhinney with Mike McKenna after McElhinney suffered a lower-body injury.
McElhinney, who recently inherited the Jackets’ No. 1 job from injured starter Sergei Bobrovsky, hurt himself at some point during the first period — Columbus made the goaltending switch during the intermission.
The move gave McKenna his Blue Jackets debut. The 30-year-old journeyman hasn’t played a NHL contest in three years (his last game was with the Devils during the 2010-11 campaign) and has spent almost all of this season tending goal for Columbus’ AHL affiliate in Springfield.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)