Dec 12, 2013, 8:15 PM EST
Crazy night for goalies at Madison Square Garden.
Shortly after the Rangers yanked Henrik Lundqvist after allowing three goals in the opening 12 minutes, Columbus had to replace Curtis McElhinney with Mike McKenna after McElhinney suffered a lower-body injury.
McElhinney, who recently inherited the Jackets’ No. 1 job from injured starter Sergei Bobrovsky, hurt himself at some point during the first period — Columbus made the goaltending switch during the intermission.
The move gave McKenna his Blue Jackets debut. The 30-year-old journeyman hasn’t played a NHL contest in three years (his last game was with the Devils during the 2010-11 campaign) and has spent almost all of this season tending goal for Columbus’ AHL affiliate in Springfield.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)