Dec 11, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
Tempers were beginning to get short between the L.A. Kings and Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday.
Kings’ forward Jordan Nolan fought Leafs’ forward Frazer McLaren just past the midway point of the second period, with both throwing some wild punches but not really connecting with any. They fell heavily to ice after a flurry of fisticuffs.
The fight very well could’ve been a result of a hit McLaren threw on Kings’ forward Colin Fraser earlier in the second period.
Fraser, who played two shifts in the middle frame, was shaken up on the hit and had not returned before the intermission, as per Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times.
Updated: Fraser is not expected to return with an unspecified injury, as per Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (121)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)