Dec 11, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Tempers were beginning to get short between the L.A. Kings and Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday.
Kings’ forward Jordan Nolan fought Leafs’ forward Frazer McLaren just past the midway point of the second period, with both throwing some wild punches but not really connecting with any. They fell heavily to ice after a flurry of fisticuffs.
The fight very well could’ve been a result of a hit McLaren threw on Kings’ forward Colin Fraser earlier in the second period.
Fraser, who played two shifts in the middle frame, was shaken up on the hit and had not returned before the intermission, as per Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times.
Updated: Fraser is not expected to return with an unspecified injury, as per Helene Elliott of the L.A. Times.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)