Dec 11, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers began the second period of Wednesday’s game with the Chicago Blackhawks in the lead. The score quickly turned against them.
The Blackhawks scored twice, on goals from Duncan Keith and Andrew Shaw, taking a 2-1 lead less than two minutes into the second period. The onslaught of scoring continues. A total of five goals were scored between the two teams in the first 10 minutes of the middle period, with Chicago emerging with a two-goal lead at that point.
Shaw, who beat Ray Emery on a wrap-around, was parked in front of the Philadelphia net on Keith’s blast from the point. The puck appeared to deflect off a Flyers’ defender in front.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 27
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)