Dec 11, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers began the second period of Wednesday’s game with the Chicago Blackhawks in the lead. The score quickly turned against them.
The Blackhawks scored twice, on goals from Duncan Keith and Andrew Shaw, taking a 2-1 lead less than two minutes into the second period. The onslaught of scoring continues. A total of five goals were scored between the two teams in the first 10 minutes of the middle period, with Chicago emerging with a two-goal lead at that point.
Shaw, who beat Ray Emery on a wrap-around, was parked in front of the Philadelphia net on Keith’s blast from the point. The puck appeared to deflect off a Flyers’ defender in front.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)