Dec 11, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers began the second period of Wednesday’s game with the Chicago Blackhawks in the lead. The score quickly turned against them.
The Blackhawks scored twice, on goals from Duncan Keith and Andrew Shaw, taking a 2-1 lead less than two minutes into the second period. The onslaught of scoring continues. A total of five goals were scored between the two teams in the first 10 minutes of the middle period, with Chicago emerging with a two-goal lead at that point.
Shaw, who beat Ray Emery on a wrap-around, was parked in front of the Philadelphia net on Keith’s blast from the point. The puck appeared to deflect off a Flyers’ defender in front.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 33
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 51
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 37
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 74
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 45
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)