Dec 11, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers began the second period of Wednesday’s game with the Chicago Blackhawks in the lead. The score quickly turned against them.
The Blackhawks scored twice, on goals from Duncan Keith and Andrew Shaw, taking a 2-1 lead less than two minutes into the second period. The onslaught of scoring continues. A total of five goals were scored between the two teams in the first 10 minutes of the middle period, with Chicago emerging with a two-goal lead at that point.
Shaw, who beat Ray Emery on a wrap-around, was parked in front of the Philadelphia net on Keith’s blast from the point. The puck appeared to deflect off a Flyers’ defender in front.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5