Dec 11, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers began the second period of Wednesday’s game with the Chicago Blackhawks in the lead. The score quickly turned against them.
The Blackhawks scored twice, on goals from Duncan Keith and Andrew Shaw, taking a 2-1 lead less than two minutes into the second period. The onslaught of scoring continues. A total of five goals were scored between the two teams in the first 10 minutes of the middle period, with Chicago emerging with a two-goal lead at that point.
Shaw, who beat Ray Emery on a wrap-around, was parked in front of the Philadelphia net on Keith’s blast from the point. The puck appeared to deflect off a Flyers’ defender in front.
- Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 21
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)