Dec 11, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
The slumping Colorado Avalanche got some bad news on the injury front Tuesday, as Patrick Roy announced Alex Tanguay suffered a setback in recovery from a knee injury and hurt his hip in the process.
“Right now, it’s not good,” Roy told the Denver Post. “He had a setback. We don’t know when he’ll be back.”
Tanguay, 34, is out indefinitely and might require surgery.
Acquired from Calgary this offseason, Tanguay rejoined an Avalanche organization with which he enjoyed great success (he captured the Stanley Cup with Colorado in 2001, earned a Calder nomination in 2000 and made the All-Star team in 2004.)
The return to Denver seemed to spark the veteran, as Tanguay started the season by scoring nine points in his first 13 games — but things went south in mid-November when he suffered the knee injury, one that’s kept him out of Colorado’s last 16 games.
According to the Post, the setback occurred after Tanguay had made good progress with the knee and was contemplating a return, possibly by the end of this week.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (82)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)