Dec 11, 2013, 4:33 PM EST
The interwebs got a good laugh last night at the expense of the poor BB&T Center maintenance crew, who as you can see had a bit of trouble fixing the glass during the latter stages of the Florida Panthers’ game versus Detroit.
What exactly happened there? The South Florida Sun-Sentinel spoke to Matt Sacco, the Panthers’ chief communications officer, for an explanation:
[Sacco] said that the maintenance crew was on the way to the ice with the replacement glass but they dropped it. It cracked, so with the refs rushing them, they hurriedly put up some new glass but didn’t have time to take some of the wrapper off, so for the final few minutes of regulation the fans who sat behind the glass couldn’t see the ice. When regulation expired, the crew installed a see-through plexiglass piece. Also, Sacco said Panthers ushers let the people who had the obstructed view change to nearby seats.
Not actually sure why people made such a big deal out of this. It’s pretty clearly not plywood they put up, as so many seemed to think it was. But we suppose it’s easy to pick on the Panthers these days, what with all the empty seats at the BB&T Center.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)