Dec 11, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
The interwebs got a good laugh last night at the expense of the poor BB&T Center maintenance crew, who as you can see had a bit of trouble fixing the glass during the latter stages of the Florida Panthers’ game versus Detroit.
What exactly happened there? The South Florida Sun-Sentinel spoke to Matt Sacco, the Panthers’ chief communications officer, for an explanation:
[Sacco] said that the maintenance crew was on the way to the ice with the replacement glass but they dropped it. It cracked, so with the refs rushing them, they hurriedly put up some new glass but didn’t have time to take some of the wrapper off, so for the final few minutes of regulation the fans who sat behind the glass couldn’t see the ice. When regulation expired, the crew installed a see-through plexiglass piece. Also, Sacco said Panthers ushers let the people who had the obstructed view change to nearby seats.
Not actually sure why people made such a big deal out of this. It’s pretty clearly not plywood they put up, as so many seemed to think it was. But we suppose it’s easy to pick on the Panthers these days, what with all the empty seats at the BB&T Center.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)