Dec 11, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
The interwebs got a good laugh last night at the expense of the poor BB&T Center maintenance crew, who as you can see had a bit of trouble fixing the glass during the latter stages of the Florida Panthers’ game versus Detroit.
What exactly happened there? The South Florida Sun-Sentinel spoke to Matt Sacco, the Panthers’ chief communications officer, for an explanation:
[Sacco] said that the maintenance crew was on the way to the ice with the replacement glass but they dropped it. It cracked, so with the refs rushing them, they hurriedly put up some new glass but didn’t have time to take some of the wrapper off, so for the final few minutes of regulation the fans who sat behind the glass couldn’t see the ice. When regulation expired, the crew installed a see-through plexiglass piece. Also, Sacco said Panthers ushers let the people who had the obstructed view change to nearby seats.
Not actually sure why people made such a big deal out of this. It’s pretty clearly not plywood they put up, as so many seemed to think it was. But we suppose it’s easy to pick on the Panthers these days, what with all the empty seats at the BB&T Center.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 21
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)