Dec 11, 2013, 10:26 PM EDT
Paille has been sent been sent back to Boston while the Bruins continue their road trip through Western Canada, due to an undisclosed upper-body injury, according to the club’s Twitter account.
Paille, 29, has three goals and five points in 30 games for Boston this season.
The Bruins are already without forwards Loui Eriksson (concussion, put on injured reserve); Chris Kelly (broken ankle, put on long-term injured reserve); Dougie Hamilton (lower-body); and Adam McQuaid (lower-body).
The Bruins continue their road trip Thursday against the Edmonton Oilers, then it’s on to Vancouver to play the Canucks.
That Saturday night game at Rogers Arena will be the first time the Bruins have played in Vancouver since winning the Stanley Cup in Game 7 of the championship series against the Canucks.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)