Dec 11, 2013, 10:26 PM EST
Paille has been sent been sent back to Boston while the Bruins continue their road trip through Western Canada, due to an undisclosed upper-body injury, according to the club’s Twitter account.
Paille, 29, has three goals and five points in 30 games for Boston this season.
The Bruins are already without forwards Loui Eriksson (concussion, put on injured reserve); Chris Kelly (broken ankle, put on long-term injured reserve); Dougie Hamilton (lower-body); and Adam McQuaid (lower-body).
The Bruins continue their road trip Thursday against the Edmonton Oilers, then it’s on to Vancouver to play the Canucks.
That Saturday night game at Rogers Arena will be the first time the Bruins have played in Vancouver since winning the Stanley Cup in Game 7 of the championship series against the Canucks.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24