Dec 11, 2013, 6:02 PM EST
Here’s the play in question:
The incident occurred midway through the second period, with Nash getting five and a game. Potter left the game momentarily but did return, though he only played 3:38 in the final frame and missed Wednesday’s practice with a stiff neck.
It’s still possible Nash could still face a disciplinary hearing or be subjected to a fine. That said, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety acted promptly in scheduling hearings for two other nasty hits from Tuesday night — Jared Cowen on Zemgus Girgensons and Richard Panik on Karl Alzner.
Cowen has since been suspended two games for his headshot on the Sabres rookie.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 16
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8