Dec 11, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
Here’s the play in question:
The incident occurred midway through the second period, with Nash getting five and a game. Potter left the game momentarily but did return, though he only played 3:38 in the final frame and missed Wednesday’s practice with a stiff neck.
It’s still possible Nash could still face a disciplinary hearing or be subjected to a fine. That said, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety acted promptly in scheduling hearings for two other nasty hits from Tuesday night — Jared Cowen on Zemgus Girgensons and Richard Panik on Karl Alzner.
Cowen has since been suspended two games for his headshot on the Sabres rookie.
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 45
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 31
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 60
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)