Dec 11, 2013, 6:02 PM EDT
Here’s the play in question:
The incident occurred midway through the second period, with Nash getting five and a game. Potter left the game momentarily but did return, though he only played 3:38 in the final frame and missed Wednesday’s practice with a stiff neck.
It’s still possible Nash could still face a disciplinary hearing or be subjected to a fine. That said, the NHL’s Department of Player Safety acted promptly in scheduling hearings for two other nasty hits from Tuesday night — Jared Cowen on Zemgus Girgensons and Richard Panik on Karl Alzner.
Cowen has since been suspended two games for his headshot on the Sabres rookie.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63