Dec 11, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
If you missed the incident, you can see it below:
Alex Ovechkin issued his own punishment by scoring two goals while Tampa Bay was down a man. Washington went on to earn a 6-5 shootout victory on the strength of a four-goal night by Ovechkin.
After the game, Karl Alzner reported that he was “completely fine,” according to the Washington Post.
Girgensons stayed in the contest and there wasn’t any penalty on the play.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54