Dec 11, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
If you missed the incident, you can see it below:
Alex Ovechkin issued his own punishment by scoring two goals while Tampa Bay was down a man. Washington went on to earn a 6-5 shootout victory on the strength of a four-goal night by Ovechkin.
After the game, Karl Alzner reported that he was “completely fine,” according to the Washington Post.
Girgensons stayed in the contest and there wasn’t any penalty on the play.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7