Dec 11, 2013, 9:43 AM EDT
If you missed the incident, you can see it below:
Alex Ovechkin issued his own punishment by scoring two goals while Tampa Bay was down a man. Washington went on to earn a 6-5 shootout victory on the strength of a four-goal night by Ovechkin.
After the game, Karl Alzner reported that he was “completely fine,” according to the Washington Post.
Girgensons stayed in the contest and there wasn’t any penalty on the play.
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 6
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 29
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 43
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 27
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41