Dec 11, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
We’ve already written today about Stephen Weiss’s wonky groin. But that’s not the end of Detroit’s injury issues ahead of tomorrow’s game in Tampa Bay.
Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard tweaked his knee in practice Wednesday at the Tampa Bay Times Forum and needs further tests to determine the extent of the injury.
The club recalled goalie Petr Mrazek from the Grand Rapids Griffins and placed captain Henrik Zetterberg on long-term injured reserve.
Jonas Gustavsson is expected to get the start in the Wings’ goal tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Zetterberg (back) won’t be eligible to return until Dec. 28 in Florida, and that’s at the earliest.
The Wings (15-9-8) have just one victory in their last four games. They start a four-game home stand Saturday versus the Penguins.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 25
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 6
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 14
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)