Dec 11, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
We’ve already written today about Stephen Weiss’s wonky groin. But that’s not the end of Detroit’s injury issues ahead of tomorrow’s game in Tampa Bay.
Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard tweaked his knee in practice Wednesday at the Tampa Bay Times Forum and needs further tests to determine the extent of the injury.
The club recalled goalie Petr Mrazek from the Grand Rapids Griffins and placed captain Henrik Zetterberg on long-term injured reserve.
Jonas Gustavsson is expected to get the start in the Wings’ goal tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Zetterberg (back) won’t be eligible to return until Dec. 28 in Florida, and that’s at the earliest.
The Wings (15-9-8) have just one victory in their last four games. They start a four-game home stand Saturday versus the Penguins.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)