Dec 11, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
We’ve already written today about Stephen Weiss’s wonky groin. But that’s not the end of Detroit’s injury issues ahead of tomorrow’s game in Tampa Bay.
Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard tweaked his knee in practice Wednesday at the Tampa Bay Times Forum and needs further tests to determine the extent of the injury.
The club recalled goalie Petr Mrazek from the Grand Rapids Griffins and placed captain Henrik Zetterberg on long-term injured reserve.
Jonas Gustavsson is expected to get the start in the Wings’ goal tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Zetterberg (back) won’t be eligible to return until Dec. 28 in Florida, and that’s at the earliest.
The Wings (15-9-8) have just one victory in their last four games. They start a four-game home stand Saturday versus the Penguins.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 20
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)