Dec 11, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
We’ve already written today about Stephen Weiss’s wonky groin. But that’s not the end of Detroit’s injury issues ahead of tomorrow’s game in Tampa Bay.
Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard tweaked his knee in practice Wednesday at the Tampa Bay Times Forum and needs further tests to determine the extent of the injury.
The club recalled goalie Petr Mrazek from the Grand Rapids Griffins and placed captain Henrik Zetterberg on long-term injured reserve.
Jonas Gustavsson is expected to get the start in the Wings’ goal tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Zetterberg (back) won’t be eligible to return until Dec. 28 in Florida, and that’s at the earliest.
The Wings (15-9-8) have just one victory in their last four games. They start a four-game home stand Saturday versus the Penguins.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 2
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 15
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)