Dec 11, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
We’ve already written today about Stephen Weiss’s wonky groin. But that’s not the end of Detroit’s injury issues ahead of tomorrow’s game in Tampa Bay.
Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard tweaked his knee in practice Wednesday at the Tampa Bay Times Forum and needs further tests to determine the extent of the injury.
The club recalled goalie Petr Mrazek from the Grand Rapids Griffins and placed captain Henrik Zetterberg on long-term injured reserve.
Jonas Gustavsson is expected to get the start in the Wings’ goal tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Zetterberg (back) won’t be eligible to return until Dec. 28 in Florida, and that’s at the earliest.
The Wings (15-9-8) have just one victory in their last four games. They start a four-game home stand Saturday versus the Penguins.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18