Dec 11, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
It’s expected Strome, 20, will make his NHL debut Thursday in Phoenix versus the Coyotes. The AHL’s leading scorer (nine goals and 24 assists) was originally set to play last night against the Sharks, but poor weather on the East Coast and time constraints got in the way.
Pierre-Marc Bouchard cleared waivers at noon EST yesterday, and Strome could not be officially recalled until then. Players cannot travel before their official recall, so Strome would have had to catch a flight (or more likely two), fly cross country all day and then try to jump into the lineup Tuesday night.
Strome was the fifth overall pick in the 2011 draft.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31