Dec 11, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
It’s expected Strome, 20, will make his NHL debut Thursday in Phoenix versus the Coyotes. The AHL’s leading scorer (nine goals and 24 assists) was originally set to play last night against the Sharks, but poor weather on the East Coast and time constraints got in the way.
Pierre-Marc Bouchard cleared waivers at noon EST yesterday, and Strome could not be officially recalled until then. Players cannot travel before their official recall, so Strome would have had to catch a flight (or more likely two), fly cross country all day and then try to jump into the lineup Tuesday night.
Strome was the fifth overall pick in the 2011 draft.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11