Dec 11, 2013, 2:07 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Big storylines out of Toronto
Intriguing matchup between the Kings and Leafs tonight at the ACC, where Jonathan Bernier will get the start for Toronto and, in the process, go up against the L.A. team that drafted him 11th overall in 2006 and employed him for five years.
“It’s going to be an emotional game,” Bernier said, as per the National Post. “I got drafted by them so there’s a great relationship with everyone there.”
Jones was the first goalie off the ice this morning while Scrivens stayed out for extra work, according to the L.A. Times.
— Another reunion will occur tonight in Chicago, as Ray Emery gets the start for Philly against the Blackhawks, the team he played for last season (he won the Jennings Trophy with Corey Crawford for fewest goals allowed).
“I love the city. We had a good season last year,” Emery told CSN Philly. “A game is a game, and you want to focus on that game. You appreciate the year and with a championship season, you have time to celebrate that during the summer, and I am kind of past that and want to do well here.”
Chicago hasn’t officially announced its goalie yet, but Antti Raanta is expected to get the start.
— Jonas Hiller will go for Anaheim tonight as the Ducks host the Wild at the Honda Center. No word yet on who Minnesota will have in goal.
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 11
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 6
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 35
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)