Dec 11, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Big storylines out of Toronto
Intriguing matchup between the Kings and Leafs tonight at the ACC, where Jonathan Bernier will get the start for Toronto and, in the process, go up against the L.A. team that drafted him 11th overall in 2006 and employed him for five years.
“It’s going to be an emotional game,” Bernier said, as per the National Post. “I got drafted by them so there’s a great relationship with everyone there.”
Jones was the first goalie off the ice this morning while Scrivens stayed out for extra work, according to the L.A. Times.
— Another reunion will occur tonight in Chicago, as Ray Emery gets the start for Philly against the Blackhawks, the team he played for last season (he won the Jennings Trophy with Corey Crawford for fewest goals allowed).
“I love the city. We had a good season last year,” Emery told CSN Philly. “A game is a game, and you want to focus on that game. You appreciate the year and with a championship season, you have time to celebrate that during the summer, and I am kind of past that and want to do well here.”
Chicago hasn’t officially announced its goalie yet, but Antti Raanta is expected to get the start.
— Jonas Hiller will go for Anaheim tonight as the Ducks host the Wild at the Honda Center. No word yet on who Minnesota will have in goal.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 8
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 37
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 89
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)