Dec 11, 2013, 2:07 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Big storylines out of Toronto
Intriguing matchup between the Kings and Leafs tonight at the ACC, where Jonathan Bernier will get the start for Toronto and, in the process, go up against the L.A. team that drafted him 11th overall in 2006 and employed him for five years.
“It’s going to be an emotional game,” Bernier said, as per the National Post. “I got drafted by them so there’s a great relationship with everyone there.”
Jones was the first goalie off the ice this morning while Scrivens stayed out for extra work, according to the L.A. Times.
– Another reunion will occur tonight in Chicago, as Ray Emery gets the start for Philly against the Blackhawks, the team he played for last season (he won the Jennings Trophy with Corey Crawford for fewest goals allowed).
“I love the city. We had a good season last year,” Emery told CSN Philly. “A game is a game, and you want to focus on that game. You appreciate the year and with a championship season, you have time to celebrate that during the summer, and I am kind of past that and want to do well here.”
Chicago hasn’t officially announced its goalie yet, but Antti Raanta is expected to get the start.
– Jonas Hiller will go for Anaheim tonight as the Ducks host the Wild at the Honda Center. No word yet on who Minnesota will have in goal.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 7
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 18
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)