Dec 11, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
Winnipeg forward Evander Kane hasn’t played since suffering a “lower-body ailment” on Nov. 29 versus Philadelphia. And he won’t play “in the next few games,” according to Jets coach Claude Noel.
“He’s more than day-to-day,” Noel said today. “He hasn’t skated with us for a while.”
What exactly is wrong with Kane isn’t clear, and may even be a slight mystery for the Jets. Noel would only say that the club is doing its “due diligence and research” and that the injury is “coming along slower than we anticipated.”
Kane, 22, has seven goals and seven assists in 26 games.
The Jets (14-14-4) host Colorado Thursday and Dallas Saturday.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 10
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 23
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 12
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 55
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39