Dec 11, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
Winnipeg forward Evander Kane hasn’t played since suffering a “lower-body ailment” on Nov. 29 versus Philadelphia. And he won’t play “in the next few games,” according to Jets coach Claude Noel.
“He’s more than day-to-day,” Noel said today. “He hasn’t skated with us for a while.”
What exactly is wrong with Kane isn’t clear, and may even be a slight mystery for the Jets. Noel would only say that the club is doing its “due diligence and research” and that the injury is “coming along slower than we anticipated.”
Kane, 22, has seven goals and seven assists in 26 games.
The Jets (14-14-4) host Colorado Thursday and Dallas Saturday.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 10
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 36
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)