Dec 11, 2013, 3:55 PM EST
Winnipeg forward Evander Kane hasn’t played since suffering a “lower-body ailment” on Nov. 29 versus Philadelphia. And he won’t play “in the next few games,” according to Jets coach Claude Noel.
“He’s more than day-to-day,” Noel said today. “He hasn’t skated with us for a while.”
What exactly is wrong with Kane isn’t clear, and may even be a slight mystery for the Jets. Noel would only say that the club is doing its “due diligence and research” and that the injury is “coming along slower than we anticipated.”
Kane, 22, has seven goals and seven assists in 26 games.
The Jets (14-14-4) host Colorado Thursday and Dallas Saturday.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)