Dec 11, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
Winnipeg forward Evander Kane hasn’t played since suffering a “lower-body ailment” on Nov. 29 versus Philadelphia. And he won’t play “in the next few games,” according to Jets coach Claude Noel.
“He’s more than day-to-day,” Noel said today. “He hasn’t skated with us for a while.”
What exactly is wrong with Kane isn’t clear, and may even be a slight mystery for the Jets. Noel would only say that the club is doing its “due diligence and research” and that the injury is “coming along slower than we anticipated.”
Kane, 22, has seven goals and seven assists in 26 games.
The Jets (14-14-4) host Colorado Thursday and Dallas Saturday.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 0
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)