Dec 11, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
Winnipeg forward Evander Kane hasn’t played since suffering a “lower-body ailment” on Nov. 29 versus Philadelphia. And he won’t play “in the next few games,” according to Jets coach Claude Noel.
“He’s more than day-to-day,” Noel said today. “He hasn’t skated with us for a while.”
What exactly is wrong with Kane isn’t clear, and may even be a slight mystery for the Jets. Noel would only say that the club is doing its “due diligence and research” and that the injury is “coming along slower than we anticipated.”
Kane, 22, has seven goals and seven assists in 26 games.
The Jets (14-14-4) host Colorado Thursday and Dallas Saturday.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 2
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)