Dec 11, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
It was close, at least for a bit, but then the Chicago Blackhawks just couldn’t be stopped from filling the net.
The Blackhawks defeated the visiting Philadelphia Flyers by a final score of 7-2 on Rivalry Night on NBCSN Wednesday evening.
- The Blackhawks didn’t see a whole bunch of shots in order to put up the seven spot – only 23 to be exact. Flyers’ goalie Ray Emery was given the pull one minute and five seconds into the third period, after allowing six goals on 18 shots.
- Talk about a special teams battle. The Blackhawks got two power play goals and a short-handed goal. The Flyers scored both their goals on the man advantage. So, at least they had that going for them.
- This game turned early in the second period, when the Blackhawks scored twice in 39 seconds, turning a one-goal deficit quickly into a one-goal lead.
- A feisty affair in Chicago tonight. Flyers’ forward Wayne Simmonds and Blackhawks’ defenseman Sheldon Brookbank dropped the gloves just 1:47 into this one.
- Four misconducts handed out in the final five minutes, as tempers flared.
- Jonathan Toews had his left pinky finger taped up after the game, according to Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune. He also reported that Toews said the injury was “short-term.”
- Antti Raanta is now 5-0-1 in his young NHL career. He made 28 saves for Chicago.
- Marian Hossa three assists; Patrick Kane two assists; Patrick Sharp a goal and two assists. Good production from top players.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)