Dec 11, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
It was close, at least for a bit, but then the Chicago Blackhawks just couldn’t be stopped from filling the net.
The Blackhawks defeated the visiting Philadelphia Flyers by a final score of 7-2 on Rivalry Night on NBCSN Wednesday evening.
- The Blackhawks didn’t see a whole bunch of shots in order to put up the seven spot – only 23 to be exact. Flyers’ goalie Ray Emery was given the pull one minute and five seconds into the third period, after allowing six goals on 18 shots.
- Talk about a special teams battle. The Blackhawks got two power play goals and a short-handed goal. The Flyers scored both their goals on the man advantage. So, at least they had that going for them.
- This game turned early in the second period, when the Blackhawks scored twice in 39 seconds, turning a one-goal deficit quickly into a one-goal lead.
- A feisty affair in Chicago tonight. Flyers’ forward Wayne Simmonds and Blackhawks’ defenseman Sheldon Brookbank dropped the gloves just 1:47 into this one.
- Four misconducts handed out in the final five minutes, as tempers flared.
- Jonathan Toews had his left pinky finger taped up after the game, according to Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune. He also reported that Toews said the injury was “short-term.”
- Antti Raanta is now 5-0-1 in his young NHL career. He made 28 saves for Chicago.
- Marian Hossa three assists; Patrick Kane two assists; Patrick Sharp a goal and two assists. Good production from top players.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)