Dec 11, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
It was close, at least for a bit, but then the Chicago Blackhawks just couldn’t be stopped from filling the net.
The Blackhawks defeated the visiting Philadelphia Flyers by a final score of 7-2 on Rivalry Night on NBCSN Wednesday evening.
- The Blackhawks didn’t see a whole bunch of shots in order to put up the seven spot – only 23 to be exact. Flyers’ goalie Ray Emery was given the pull one minute and five seconds into the third period, after allowing six goals on 18 shots.
- Talk about a special teams battle. The Blackhawks got two power play goals and a short-handed goal. The Flyers scored both their goals on the man advantage. So, at least they had that going for them.
- This game turned early in the second period, when the Blackhawks scored twice in 39 seconds, turning a one-goal deficit quickly into a one-goal lead.
- A feisty affair in Chicago tonight. Flyers’ forward Wayne Simmonds and Blackhawks’ defenseman Sheldon Brookbank dropped the gloves just 1:47 into this one.
- Four misconducts handed out in the final five minutes, as tempers flared.
- Jonathan Toews had his left pinky finger taped up after the game, according to Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune. He also reported that Toews said the injury was “short-term.”
- Antti Raanta is now 5-0-1 in his young NHL career. He made 28 saves for Chicago.
- Marian Hossa three assists; Patrick Kane two assists; Patrick Sharp a goal and two assists. Good production from top players.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 20
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)