Dec 11, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
It was close, at least for a bit, but then the Chicago Blackhawks just couldn’t be stopped from filling the net.
The Blackhawks defeated the visiting Philadelphia Flyers by a final score of 7-2 on Rivalry Night on NBCSN Wednesday evening.
- The Blackhawks didn’t see a whole bunch of shots in order to put up the seven spot – only 23 to be exact. Flyers’ goalie Ray Emery was given the pull one minute and five seconds into the third period, after allowing six goals on 18 shots.
- Talk about a special teams battle. The Blackhawks got two power play goals and a short-handed goal. The Flyers scored both their goals on the man advantage. So, at least they had that going for them.
- This game turned early in the second period, when the Blackhawks scored twice in 39 seconds, turning a one-goal deficit quickly into a one-goal lead.
- A feisty affair in Chicago tonight. Flyers’ forward Wayne Simmonds and Blackhawks’ defenseman Sheldon Brookbank dropped the gloves just 1:47 into this one.
- Four misconducts handed out in the final five minutes, as tempers flared.
- Jonathan Toews had his left pinky finger taped up after the game, according to Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune. He also reported that Toews said the injury was “short-term.”
- Antti Raanta is now 5-0-1 in his young NHL career. He made 28 saves for Chicago.
- Marian Hossa three assists; Patrick Kane two assists; Patrick Sharp a goal and two assists. Good production from top players.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)