Dec 10, 2013, 5:31 PM EST
Last weekend wasn’t a banner one for the NHL.
When the dust settled, three players — Dion Phaneuf, James Neal and Shawn Thornton — all faced disciplinary hearings for incidents in their respective games. Phaneuf and Neal have already learned their fates — suspended two and five games, respectively — while Thornton will learn of his punishment for attacking Pittsburgh’s Brooks Orpik on Friday.
But will the punishments be enough?
That’s one of the questions we answered in the latest edition of PHT Extra. Jason and I spoke with NBC’s Kay Adams about suspension lengths, the optics from this weekend and what — if anything — needs to be done to correct on-ice issues.
So, onto the video…
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 2
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 24
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)