Dec 10, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Last weekend wasn’t a banner one for the NHL.
When the dust settled, three players — Dion Phaneuf, James Neal and Shawn Thornton — all faced disciplinary hearings for incidents in their respective games. Phaneuf and Neal have already learned their fates — suspended two and five games, respectively — while Thornton will learn of his punishment for attacking Pittsburgh’s Brooks Orpik on Friday.
But will the punishments be enough?
That’s one of the questions we answered in the latest edition of PHT Extra. Jason and I spoke with NBC’s Kay Adams about suspension lengths, the optics from this weekend and what — if anything — needs to be done to correct on-ice issues.
So, onto the video…
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 105
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115