Dec 10, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Tuesday’s Tampa Bay Lightning – Washington Capitals game might be defined as much by its big mistakes as it will be by great feats (such as Alex Ovechkin‘s hat trick).
Ovechkin scored two goals on the ensuing power play, helping the Capitals to temporarily tie the game up. Panik doesn’t have a suspension history in the NHL, but this is just his 52nd regular season contest.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22