Dec 10, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
The resurgence of the Vancouver Canucks in the Western Conference has made tonight’s game between the Coyotes and Avalanche all the more important in terms of playoff positioning.
“You look at the standings right now and it’s the first time all season we’ve been outside the playoffs looking in,” Phoenix coach Dave Tippett said, per NHL.com.
“These conference games are huge. We know it’s going to be a tight game and we’ve got to find ways to give ourselves the best chance to win.”
Here are those standings:
Phoenix is certainly looking vulnerable these days. After an impressive 14-4-3 start, the Coyotes have just two wins in their last eight. They’ll also be without captain Shane Doan (illness) again tonight.
When asked about an outdoor game, Tippett said: "I’m worried about an indoor game in Colorado tonight not an outdoor game 3 years from now."—
Sarah McLellan (@azc_mclellan) December 10, 2013
Related: Coyotes recall Brule
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 17
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 76
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 35
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 60
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 61
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7