Dec 10, 2013, 12:25 AM EDT
Ruff doesn’t expect the rock-solid two-way center to miss a ton of time, but he did say that the 33-year-old will be re-evaluated at the end of this week to see where he’s at.
Dallas has been hit hard by injuries lately, especially to the Stars’ defense. Nasty spills leave Stephane Robidas sidelined for four-to-six months while Trevor Daley is week-to-week. Even top-line forward Tyler Seguin missed some time with a concussion before returning last week.
You won’t hear Ruff complaining about it, though.
“Every team deals with it,” Ruff said. “Early on we didn’t deal with a lot and now we’ve dealt with two pretty serious ones on the backend. It doesn’t look like Fidds will be a long time, so it’s something we’ve got to get through, other guys have to elevate their play and fill bigger holes.”
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)