Dec 10, 2013, 12:25 AM EST
Ruff doesn’t expect the rock-solid two-way center to miss a ton of time, but he did say that the 33-year-old will be re-evaluated at the end of this week to see where he’s at.
Dallas has been hit hard by injuries lately, especially to the Stars’ defense. Nasty spills leave Stephane Robidas sidelined for four-to-six months while Trevor Daley is week-to-week. Even top-line forward Tyler Seguin missed some time with a concussion before returning last week.
You won’t hear Ruff complaining about it, though.
“Every team deals with it,” Ruff said. “Early on we didn’t deal with a lot and now we’ve dealt with two pretty serious ones on the backend. It doesn’t look like Fidds will be a long time, so it’s something we’ve got to get through, other guys have to elevate their play and fill bigger holes.”
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4