Dec 10, 2013, 12:25 AM EST
Ruff doesn’t expect the rock-solid two-way center to miss a ton of time, but he did say that the 33-year-old will be re-evaluated at the end of this week to see where he’s at.
Dallas has been hit hard by injuries lately, especially to the Stars’ defense. Nasty spills leave Stephane Robidas sidelined for four-to-six months while Trevor Daley is week-to-week. Even top-line forward Tyler Seguin missed some time with a concussion before returning last week.
You won’t hear Ruff complaining about it, though.
“Every team deals with it,” Ruff said. “Early on we didn’t deal with a lot and now we’ve dealt with two pretty serious ones on the backend. It doesn’t look like Fidds will be a long time, so it’s something we’ve got to get through, other guys have to elevate their play and fill bigger holes.”
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)