Dec 10, 2013, 12:25 AM EDT
Ruff doesn’t expect the rock-solid two-way center to miss a ton of time, but he did say that the 33-year-old will be re-evaluated at the end of this week to see where he’s at.
Dallas has been hit hard by injuries lately, especially to the Stars’ defense. Nasty spills leave Stephane Robidas sidelined for four-to-six months while Trevor Daley is week-to-week. Even top-line forward Tyler Seguin missed some time with a concussion before returning last week.
You won’t hear Ruff complaining about it, though.
“Every team deals with it,” Ruff said. “Early on we didn’t deal with a lot and now we’ve dealt with two pretty serious ones on the backend. It doesn’t look like Fidds will be a long time, so it’s something we’ve got to get through, other guys have to elevate their play and fill bigger holes.”
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 32
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10