Dec 10, 2013, 10:33 PM EST
With all due respect to the Nashville Predators’ depth scorers, it’s not usually a great sign when they’re described as “dynamic.” That’s exactly how Brian Engblom depicted their efforts following a 4-1 win against the New York Rangers, which might explain why there was some heavy booing in Madison Square Garden on Tuesday.
The Rangers have now lost three games in a row, and there haven’t been a ton of positives to take away from the last few evenings. Getting a big extension hasn’t eased things for Henrik Lundqvist, for one, as he’s allowed four goals in three straight games. (Don’t blame Hank alone, though, as the Rangers have only scored five goals in that span.)
Ryan Callahan‘s sprained knee adds injury to all the insults, as well, making things that much worse for the Rangers.
The Predators weren’t exactly coming into town on fire, either. They had lost five games in a row before turning things around tonight, as Nashville’s grinders generated the offense while Carter Hutton won for the first time in more than a month.
Yup, it’s pretty tough to blame fans for booing the Rangers tonight. With six more games in a row at home to come, things could get awfully sour if the losses keep coming.
Jan 26, 2015, 3:31 PM EST
Will Mikhail Grabovski step up?
Jan 26, 2015, 3:12 PM EST
The post-All-Star Game portion of the season isn’t starting any better for Buffalo.
Jan 26, 2015, 2:21 PM EST
He’s been overseeing co-coaches Adam Oates and Scott Stevens.
Jan 26, 2015, 1:30 PM EST
He didn’t end up playing in the All-Star Game.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:31 PM EST
Remember, the club opted not to amnesty his contract last June.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:23 PM EST
Canucks will give Frank Corrado a chance to show what he can do.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:12 PM EST
Columbus’ star center is having a nice little run at the moment.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
They also summoned Josh Anderson.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:23 AM EST
“Everybody felt like I just want a car to drive it.”
Jan 26, 2015, 10:55 AM EST
Ilya Kovalchuk deemed it a “worthy tournament,” though.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:51 AM EST
Including an intriguing game between the Islanders and Rangers.
Jan 26, 2015, 8:47 AM EST
Monday’s collection of links.
Jan 25, 2015, 9:49 PM EST
“We’re so proud of our city for showing that hockey is such a big deal here.”
Jan 25, 2015, 9:25 PM EST
“This is something I’ll remember for a very long time.”
Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs
Jan 25, 2015, 8:59 PM EST
“I remember them being quiet in the end when we won.”
Jan 25, 2015, 8:16 PM EST
29 goals in all.
Jan 25, 2015, 7:36 PM EST
11 in total, eclipsing the old mark by one.
Jan 25, 2015, 6:43 PM EST
Chicago will resume play on Wednesday against Los Angeles.
Jan 25, 2015, 6:18 PM EST
Johansen scored again before the first period ended.
Jan 25, 2015, 5:43 PM EST
Vancouver forward gets Team Foligno on the board early.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 0
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 74
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 20
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 30
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (86)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)