Dec 10, 2013, 10:33 PM EDT
With all due respect to the Nashville Predators’ depth scorers, it’s not usually a great sign when they’re described as “dynamic.” That’s exactly how Brian Engblom depicted their efforts following a 4-1 win against the New York Rangers, which might explain why there was some heavy booing in Madison Square Garden on Tuesday.
The Rangers have now lost three games in a row, and there haven’t been a ton of positives to take away from the last few evenings. Getting a big extension hasn’t eased things for Henrik Lundqvist, for one, as he’s allowed four goals in three straight games. (Don’t blame Hank alone, though, as the Rangers have only scored five goals in that span.)
Ryan Callahan‘s sprained knee adds injury to all the insults, as well, making things that much worse for the Rangers.
The Predators weren’t exactly coming into town on fire, either. They had lost five games in a row before turning things around tonight, as Nashville’s grinders generated the offense while Carter Hutton won for the first time in more than a month.
Yup, it’s pretty tough to blame fans for booing the Rangers tonight. With six more games in a row at home to come, things could get awfully sour if the losses keep coming.
May 30, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
He’ll be eligible to re-enter next month’s NHL Draft.
May 30, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
He met with doctors in Buffalo on Thursday.
May 30, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
He is currently an assistant coach in Nashville.
May 30, 2015, 1:08 AM EDT
Hard to blame the goalie in this one.
May 30, 2015, 12:17 AM EDT
“I don’t know if we’re so young and dumb and don’t know any better…”
May 29, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Might explain what occurred in the first period.
May 29, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
Tampa Bay awaits the winner of the Blackhawks-Ducks series.
May 29, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Is it enough?
May 29, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Game 7 goes Saturday.
May 29, 2015, 8:54 PM EDT
Something to keep an eye on.
May 29, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT
Rangers also make one change to the lineup.
May 29, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
The winner, as you know, goes to the Stanley Cup Final.
May 29, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
“I’ve met with Nick several times and he knows he made a terrible mistake.”
May 29, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
And it looks like Tomas Fleischmann might replace Emerson Etem, again.
May 29, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
People like ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
May 29, 2015, 3:49 PM EDT
Appeared in just 33 games this season.
May 29, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
“I don’t feel any tingling or soreness.”
May 29, 2015, 2:18 PM EDT
NHL Central Scouting thinks slightly more of the B.C. defender.
May 29, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Spent the past five seasons in the KHL.
May 29, 2015, 1:34 PM EDT
That’s former NHL defenseman and current AHL Binghamton bench boss Luke Richardson.
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 4
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 29
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 75
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)