Dec 10, 2013, 10:33 PM EDT
With all due respect to the Nashville Predators’ depth scorers, it’s not usually a great sign when they’re described as “dynamic.” That’s exactly how Brian Engblom depicted their efforts following a 4-1 win against the New York Rangers, which might explain why there was some heavy booing in Madison Square Garden on Tuesday.
The Rangers have now lost three games in a row, and there haven’t been a ton of positives to take away from the last few evenings. Getting a big extension hasn’t eased things for Henrik Lundqvist, for one, as he’s allowed four goals in three straight games. (Don’t blame Hank alone, though, as the Rangers have only scored five goals in that span.)
Ryan Callahan‘s sprained knee adds injury to all the insults, as well, making things that much worse for the Rangers.
The Predators weren’t exactly coming into town on fire, either. They had lost five games in a row before turning things around tonight, as Nashville’s grinders generated the offense while Carter Hutton won for the first time in more than a month.
Yup, it’s pretty tough to blame fans for booing the Rangers tonight. With six more games in a row at home to come, things could get awfully sour if the losses keep coming.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 32
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)