Dec 10, 2013, 10:33 PM EDT
With all due respect to the Nashville Predators’ depth scorers, it’s not usually a great sign when they’re described as “dynamic.” That’s exactly how Brian Engblom depicted their efforts following a 4-1 win against the New York Rangers, which might explain why there was some heavy booing in Madison Square Garden on Tuesday.
The Rangers have now lost three games in a row, and there haven’t been a ton of positives to take away from the last few evenings. Getting a big extension hasn’t eased things for Henrik Lundqvist, for one, as he’s allowed four goals in three straight games. (Don’t blame Hank alone, though, as the Rangers have only scored five goals in that span.)
Ryan Callahan‘s sprained knee adds injury to all the insults, as well, making things that much worse for the Rangers.
The Predators weren’t exactly coming into town on fire, either. They had lost five games in a row before turning things around tonight, as Nashville’s grinders generated the offense while Carter Hutton won for the first time in more than a month.
Yup, it’s pretty tough to blame fans for booing the Rangers tonight. With six more games in a row at home to come, things could get awfully sour if the losses keep coming.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 7
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)