Dec 10, 2013, 10:33 PM EDT
With all due respect to the Nashville Predators’ depth scorers, it’s not usually a great sign when they’re described as “dynamic.” That’s exactly how Brian Engblom depicted their efforts following a 4-1 win against the New York Rangers, which might explain why there was some heavy booing in Madison Square Garden on Tuesday.
The Rangers have now lost three games in a row, and there haven’t been a ton of positives to take away from the last few evenings. Getting a big extension hasn’t eased things for Henrik Lundqvist, for one, as he’s allowed four goals in three straight games. (Don’t blame Hank alone, though, as the Rangers have only scored five goals in that span.)
Ryan Callahan‘s sprained knee adds injury to all the insults, as well, making things that much worse for the Rangers.
The Predators weren’t exactly coming into town on fire, either. They had lost five games in a row before turning things around tonight, as Nashville’s grinders generated the offense while Carter Hutton won for the first time in more than a month.
Yup, it’s pretty tough to blame fans for booing the Rangers tonight. With six more games in a row at home to come, things could get awfully sour if the losses keep coming.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 12
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)