Dec 10, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens star goalie Carey Price came into Tuesday’s game with a seven-game winning streak. He won’t even make it to the second intermission against the Los Angeles Kings, however.
The Kings scored four goals on 16 shots against Price, who was pulled 5:25 into the second period tonight. On the bright side, he didn’t have the most embarrassing performance of the night, as he at least lasted longer than Braden Holtby did. (Hey, you take what you can get.)
The bigger bright side is that Price, 26, has been fantastic enough this season that Team Canada should take notice. He just won’t want to put Dec. 10 on his resume.
Update: It didn’t get a whole lot better for the Canadiens overall, as they lost 6-0.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 3
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)