Dec 10, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
Montreal Canadiens star goalie Carey Price came into Tuesday’s game with a seven-game winning streak. He won’t even make it to the second intermission against the Los Angeles Kings, however.
The Kings scored four goals on 16 shots against Price, who was pulled 5:25 into the second period tonight. On the bright side, he didn’t have the most embarrassing performance of the night, as he at least lasted longer than Braden Holtby did. (Hey, you take what you can get.)
The bigger bright side is that Price, 26, has been fantastic enough this season that Team Canada should take notice. He just won’t want to put Dec. 10 on his resume.
Update: It didn’t get a whole lot better for the Canadiens overall, as they lost 6-0.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 3
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54