Dec 10, 2013, 8:24 PM EST
Montreal Canadiens star goalie Carey Price came into Tuesday’s game with a seven-game winning streak. He won’t even make it to the second intermission against the Los Angeles Kings, however.
The Kings scored four goals on 16 shots against Price, who was pulled 5:25 into the second period tonight. On the bright side, he didn’t have the most embarrassing performance of the night, as he at least lasted longer than Braden Holtby did. (Hey, you take what you can get.)
The bigger bright side is that Price, 26, has been fantastic enough this season that Team Canada should take notice. He just won’t want to put Dec. 10 on his resume.
Update: It didn’t get a whole lot better for the Canadiens overall, as they lost 6-0.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)