Dec 10, 2013, 8:24 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens star goalie Carey Price came into Tuesday’s game with a seven-game winning streak. He won’t even make it to the second intermission against the Los Angeles Kings, however.
The Kings scored four goals on 16 shots against Price, who was pulled 5:25 into the second period tonight. On the bright side, he didn’t have the most embarrassing performance of the night, as he at least lasted longer than Braden Holtby did. (Hey, you take what you can get.)
The bigger bright side is that Price, 26, has been fantastic enough this season that Team Canada should take notice. He just won’t want to put Dec. 10 on his resume.
Update: It didn’t get a whole lot better for the Canadiens overall, as they lost 6-0.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22