Dec 10, 2013, 1:00 AM EDT
When you’re on a losing streak, bad moments can often come in dizzying bunches. That happened to the New York Islanders, as they allowed two goals in the last minute of the second period of Monday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks, eventually losing their 10th game in a row 5-2.
Cam Fowler scored the 3-2 game-winner while the Ducks were shorthanded:
About 30 seconds later, Corey Perry found the net on this amazing tally, the first of two from Monday:
The OC Register’s Eric Stephens points out that the Ducks are the only team without a regulation loss at home, as they’re 11-0-2 in Anaheim after Monday. It wasn’t all good news, however, as Mark Fistric suffered an upper-body injury tonight.
Speaking of bad news, the Islanders have now lost 10 games in a row. Going deeper, things don’t get much better; they’ve only won three of 19 games since Nov. 1.
As usual, John Tavares seems like he’s on a (Long?) island; he combined with a goal and an assist apiece in defeat.
Is it time for changes for the Islanders? Will these questions stop? They probably won’t until the Isles start winning …
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)