Dec 10, 2013, 1:00 AM EST
When you’re on a losing streak, bad moments can often come in dizzying bunches. That happened to the New York Islanders, as they allowed two goals in the last minute of the second period of Monday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks, eventually losing their 10th game in a row 5-2.
Cam Fowler scored the 3-2 game-winner while the Ducks were shorthanded:
About 30 seconds later, Corey Perry found the net on this amazing tally, the first of two from Monday:
The OC Register’s Eric Stephens points out that the Ducks are the only team without a regulation loss at home, as they’re 11-0-2 in Anaheim after Monday. It wasn’t all good news, however, as Mark Fistric suffered an upper-body injury tonight.
Speaking of bad news, the Islanders have now lost 10 games in a row. Going deeper, things don’t get much better; they’ve only won three of 19 games since Nov. 1.
As usual, John Tavares seems like he’s on a (Long?) island; he combined with a goal and an assist apiece in defeat.
Is it time for changes for the Islanders? Will these questions stop? They probably won’t until the Isles start winning …
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 4
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 50
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)