Dec 10, 2013, 1:00 AM EDT
When you’re on a losing streak, bad moments can often come in dizzying bunches. That happened to the New York Islanders, as they allowed two goals in the last minute of the second period of Monday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks, eventually losing their 10th game in a row 5-2.
Cam Fowler scored the 3-2 game-winner while the Ducks were shorthanded:
About 30 seconds later, Corey Perry found the net on this amazing tally, the first of two from Monday:
The OC Register’s Eric Stephens points out that the Ducks are the only team without a regulation loss at home, as they’re 11-0-2 in Anaheim after Monday. It wasn’t all good news, however, as Mark Fistric suffered an upper-body injury tonight.
Speaking of bad news, the Islanders have now lost 10 games in a row. Going deeper, things don’t get much better; they’ve only won three of 19 games since Nov. 1.
As usual, John Tavares seems like he’s on a (Long?) island; he combined with a goal and an assist apiece in defeat.
Is it time for changes for the Islanders? Will these questions stop? They probably won’t until the Isles start winning …
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22