Dec 10, 2013, 1:00 AM EDT
When you’re on a losing streak, bad moments can often come in dizzying bunches. That happened to the New York Islanders, as they allowed two goals in the last minute of the second period of Monday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks, eventually losing their 10th game in a row 5-2.
Cam Fowler scored the 3-2 game-winner while the Ducks were shorthanded:
About 30 seconds later, Corey Perry found the net on this amazing tally, the first of two from Monday:
The OC Register’s Eric Stephens points out that the Ducks are the only team without a regulation loss at home, as they’re 11-0-2 in Anaheim after Monday. It wasn’t all good news, however, as Mark Fistric suffered an upper-body injury tonight.
Speaking of bad news, the Islanders have now lost 10 games in a row. Going deeper, things don’t get much better; they’ve only won three of 19 games since Nov. 1.
As usual, John Tavares seems like he’s on a (Long?) island; he combined with a goal and an assist apiece in defeat.
Is it time for changes for the Islanders? Will these questions stop? They probably won’t until the Isles start winning …
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 0
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 104
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (103)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)