Dec 10, 2013, 1:00 AM EDT
When you’re on a losing streak, bad moments can often come in dizzying bunches. That happened to the New York Islanders, as they allowed two goals in the last minute of the second period of Monday’s game against the Anaheim Ducks, eventually losing their 10th game in a row 5-2.
Cam Fowler scored the 3-2 game-winner while the Ducks were shorthanded:
About 30 seconds later, Corey Perry found the net on this amazing tally, the first of two from Monday:
The OC Register’s Eric Stephens points out that the Ducks are the only team without a regulation loss at home, as they’re 11-0-2 in Anaheim after Monday. It wasn’t all good news, however, as Mark Fistric suffered an upper-body injury tonight.
Speaking of bad news, the Islanders have now lost 10 games in a row. Going deeper, things don’t get much better; they’ve only won three of 19 games since Nov. 1.
As usual, John Tavares seems like he’s on a (Long?) island; he combined with a goal and an assist apiece in defeat.
Is it time for changes for the Islanders? Will these questions stop? They probably won’t until the Isles start winning …
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)