Dec 10, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings moved Jonathan Quick from the regular to the long-term injured reserve on Tuesday so they could activate Matt Greene from the IR. Even though he’s not playing against the Montreal Canadiens tonight, either, as LA Kings Insider reports.
Quick hasn’t played since Nov. 12, so the restrictions on eligibility that come with being bumped to the LTIR shouldn’t really be an issue. This would be a far grimmer update if not for the shockingly effective work by Ben Scrivens and Martin Jones.
Greene, 30, will miss his 16th game in a row, but at least he appears to be more or less over his upper-body injury.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7