Dec 10, 2013, 8:08 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings moved Jonathan Quick from the regular to the long-term injured reserve on Tuesday so they could activate Matt Greene from the IR. Even though he’s not playing against the Montreal Canadiens tonight, either, as LA Kings Insider reports.
Quick hasn’t played since Nov. 12, so the restrictions on eligibility that come with being bumped to the LTIR shouldn’t really be an issue. This would be a far grimmer update if not for the shockingly effective work by Ben Scrivens and Martin Jones.
Greene, 30, will miss his 16th game in a row, but at least he appears to be more or less over his upper-body injury.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 3
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)