Dec 10, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings moved Jonathan Quick from the regular to the long-term injured reserve on Tuesday so they could activate Matt Greene from the IR. Even though he’s not playing against the Montreal Canadiens tonight, either, as LA Kings Insider reports.
Quick hasn’t played since Nov. 12, so the restrictions on eligibility that come with being bumped to the LTIR shouldn’t really be an issue. This would be a far grimmer update if not for the shockingly effective work by Ben Scrivens and Martin Jones.
Greene, 30, will miss his 16th game in a row, but at least he appears to be more or less over his upper-body injury.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)