Dec 10, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings moved Jonathan Quick from the regular to the long-term injured reserve on Tuesday so they could activate Matt Greene from the IR. Even though he’s not playing against the Montreal Canadiens tonight, either, as LA Kings Insider reports.
Quick hasn’t played since Nov. 12, so the restrictions on eligibility that come with being bumped to the LTIR shouldn’t really be an issue. This would be a far grimmer update if not for the shockingly effective work by Ben Scrivens and Martin Jones.
Greene, 30, will miss his 16th game in a row, but at least he appears to be more or less over his upper-body injury.
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 6
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 18
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)