Dec 10, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings moved Jonathan Quick from the regular to the long-term injured reserve on Tuesday so they could activate Matt Greene from the IR. Even though he’s not playing against the Montreal Canadiens tonight, either, as LA Kings Insider reports.
Quick hasn’t played since Nov. 12, so the restrictions on eligibility that come with being bumped to the LTIR shouldn’t really be an issue. This would be a far grimmer update if not for the shockingly effective work by Ben Scrivens and Martin Jones.
Greene, 30, will miss his 16th game in a row, but at least he appears to be more or less over his upper-body injury.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 13
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 87
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)