Dec 10, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
If you want a microcosm of the New York Rangers’ tough season, you might just want to consider the rough times for their captain. The headaches continued for Callahan on Tuesday, as he suffered a knee sprain and won’t return against the Nashville Predators on NBCSN.
The 28-year-old’s contract season has been plagued by injuries already. He struggled to start the season following shoulder surgery, broke his thumb on Oct. 16 and now is dealing with this knee sprain.
The Rangers are hoping to avoid losing a third game in a row and a fourth defeat in five games. They’re just 1-6-0 this season after trailing following the first period, so it’s tough to blame Rangers fans if they’re feeling like things are a little bleak right now.
- Report: Lightning prospect Jonathan Drouin out with upper body injury 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 10
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)