Dec 10, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
If you want a microcosm of the New York Rangers’ tough season, you might just want to consider the rough times for their captain. The headaches continued for Callahan on Tuesday, as he suffered a knee sprain and won’t return against the Nashville Predators on NBCSN.
The 28-year-old’s contract season has been plagued by injuries already. He struggled to start the season following shoulder surgery, broke his thumb on Oct. 16 and now is dealing with this knee sprain.
The Rangers are hoping to avoid losing a third game in a row and a fourth defeat in five games. They’re just 1-6-0 this season after trailing following the first period, so it’s tough to blame Rangers fans if they’re feeling like things are a little bleak right now.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)