Dec 10, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
If you want a microcosm of the New York Rangers’ tough season, you might just want to consider the rough times for their captain. The headaches continued for Callahan on Tuesday, as he suffered a knee sprain and won’t return against the Nashville Predators on NBCSN.
The 28-year-old’s contract season has been plagued by injuries already. He struggled to start the season following shoulder surgery, broke his thumb on Oct. 16 and now is dealing with this knee sprain.
The Rangers are hoping to avoid losing a third game in a row and a fourth defeat in five games. They’re just 1-6-0 this season after trailing following the first period, so it’s tough to blame Rangers fans if they’re feeling like things are a little bleak right now.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 0
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 25
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 53
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)