Dec 10, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
If you want a microcosm of the New York Rangers’ tough season, you might just want to consider the rough times for their captain. The headaches continued for Callahan on Tuesday, as he suffered a knee sprain and won’t return against the Nashville Predators on NBCSN.
The 28-year-old’s contract season has been plagued by injuries already. He struggled to start the season following shoulder surgery, broke his thumb on Oct. 16 and now is dealing with this knee sprain.
The Rangers are hoping to avoid losing a third game in a row and a fourth defeat in five games. They’re just 1-6-0 this season after trailing following the first period, so it’s tough to blame Rangers fans if they’re feeling like things are a little bleak right now.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (82)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)