Dec 10, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
If you want a microcosm of the New York Rangers’ tough season, you might just want to consider the rough times for their captain. The headaches continued for Callahan on Tuesday, as he suffered a knee sprain and won’t return against the Nashville Predators on NBCSN.
The 28-year-old’s contract season has been plagued by injuries already. He struggled to start the season following shoulder surgery, broke his thumb on Oct. 16 and now is dealing with this knee sprain.
The Rangers are hoping to avoid losing a third game in a row and a fourth defeat in five games. They’re just 1-6-0 this season after trailing following the first period, so it’s tough to blame Rangers fans if they’re feeling like things are a little bleak right now.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5