Dec 10, 2013, 1:53 PM EDT
Forward Nick Johnson has been recalled from AHL Providence on an emergency basis to replace Eriksson in the lineup.
Eriksson, 28, was hurt on Saturday after a big open-ice hit from Pittsburgh defenseman Brooks Orpik. The hit occurred early in the first period and Eriksson, who’d played just 21 seconds prior to the collision, left the game and didn’t return.
This is second concussion Eriksson has suffered in the last two months. The first occurred in late October when Buffalo forward John Scott nailed him with a headshot, one that shelved Eriksson for five games.
Despite all the injuries, the former Dallas alternate captain has produced fairly well for Boston this year, scoring 14 points in 24 games while averaging 16:32 TOI per night.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 11
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)