Dec 9, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Philadelphia recalled Tye McGinn from AHL Adirondack on Monday, the club announced.
McGinn, 23, has split time between the Phantoms and Flyers this season, and was actually sent down earlier this year despite leading Philadelphia in goals (granted, he only had three at the time.)
The former fourth-round pick has appeared in six games for Philly this season and 18 last season. His recall comes at the expense of Vincent Lecavalier, who was diagnosed with a non-displaced fracture in his lower back over the weekend, and is expected to miss 3-4 weeks.
Lecavalier, 33, doesn’t have a history of back issues but has struggled with heath over recent years. He missed nine games last season with a lower-body injury and 18 games the year before due to a broken right hand.
The former Tampa Bay captain has nine goals and 14 points in 22 games with the Flyers this season.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)